Top Shelf Aquatics

MP10 Pricing to Drop?

Steensj2004

Any rumblings on if or when MP10s may drop in price? Seeing as an MP40 costs 299.00, I have a crazy hard time buying a MP10es W for 285.00 <_< ....I know the tank I am trying to build just doesn't need an MP40.......just don't wanna buy one an a week later they drop to 240.00, lol!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair enough, but at the same time, the MP40 dropped over 100.00.....I can't see how they couldn't drop the MP10 drastically. I don't want a Jebao, I want 2 MP's lol

Im dying over here, between waiting on Custom tank quotes, MP10 price drop, and a custom stand quote I am losing my mind. I've had the go ahead from the boss lady for over a month now, and I can't make my GD mind up on equipment/ tank size etc. ordering everything in one fell swoop, order tons of stuff separately, haha.

I don't own one so it may not be my place to say. But the MP units always seemed a bit overpriced to me.

It's really not that hard to make a magnetic driveshaft.

BattleAthletics

I don't own one so it may not be my place to say. But the MP units always seemed a bit overpriced to me.

It's really not that hard to make a magnetic driveshaft.

Really now.

Because it's like having a 10000w 7 channel surround sound system in a garden shed.

I have two on a 30L running at 55 - 65 %, guess a differance in opinions ;)

I put an MP40 in a 40 breeder and stripped the skin off a slimer in the middle of the tank. :) They work much better on a 150 gallon.

So now owning 2 MP40's and an MP10 I can say the MP10 is really not that good. It's critical to have the motor out of the tank so I'd buy one again for a smaller tank but I wish they would improve the quality and get rid of the whiny noise they tend to make.

In every nano tank I've ever serviced (mine included) mp10s are dialed down as slow as they can go so they don't destroy the sand bed, coral, slam fish into rocks, or throw water over the side. I realized it's the same thing as when people buy Ferraris because they can, yet they don't know how to properly drive it, and it never gets out of third gear...it's just a "look at what I have" kinda deal.

Plus they are loud as shit on small tanks whether people are willing to admit it or not, and my nano is right next to my head when I'm sleeping or reading in bed. I guess you could compare it to the Ferrari situation again lol, smiling as you step out of if after a 50 mile ride and trying to convince yourself you didn't slip a disc whilst running over a manhole cover.

I have an mp10 on a casco 60 gallon, it MIGHT be running at 70-80%

HecticDialectics

Ferrari example is dumb. That aside, just because you don't dial a powered to 100% doesn't make it pointless. Mine was never LOUD (not silent of course). It looks awesome. No wires in the tank. Helps heat a lil.

Basically, haters gonna hate. "Function" over "form AND function" is typically made by people that can only afford Kias

In every nano tank I've ever serviced (mine included) mp10s are dialed down as slow as they can go so they don't destroy the sand bed, coral, slam fish into rocks, or throw water over the side. I realized it's the same thing as when people buy Ferraris because they can, yet they don't know how to properly drive it, and it never gets out of third gear...it's just a "look at what I have" kinda deal.

Plus they are loud as shit on small tanks whether people are willing to admit it or not, and my nano is right next to my head when I'm sleeping or reading in bed. I guess you could compare it to the Ferrari situation again lol, smiling as you step out of if after a 50 mile ride and trying to convince yourself you didn't slip a disc whilst running over a manhole cover.

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree, but mine do serve a purpose and aren't there for bling. Mine aren't totally silent but then again I'm not sleeping next to my tank, i could see that being an issue, my skimmer currently is the biggest offender of noise.

I put an MP40 in a 40 breeder and stripped the skin off a slimer in the middle of the tank. :) They work much better on a 150 gallon.

So now owning 2 MP40's and an MP10 I can say the MP10 is really not that good. It's critical to have the motor out of the tank so I'd buy one again for a smaller tank but I wish they would improve the quality and get rid of the whiny noise they tend to make.

Yea I would say a MP40 is a little much for a 40 breeder, maybe dial it down to 1% ? :D

Maybe if the person making the comparison couldn't afford one, it could be misinterpreted as "hating"

I have had three mp10s (still have one) and an mp40. They are just on tanks that actually have the water volume to necessitate them. That's all I'm saying. If a wire showing bugs you (which I don't understand because the wires are still clearly visible) or your tank is constantly only one wave maker away from overheating, then I guess yeah, get one.

And after being an indrustry pro for a while, you get to deal with the manufacturers and vendors quite a lot. You start to realise things I guess.

HecticDialectics

And after being an indrustry pro for a while, you get to deal with the manufacturers and vendors quite a lot. You start to realise things I guess.

Whoa! Watch out everyone! We got an industry pro over here!

Lmfao!

And by afford one, I mean the mp series circulators, not a Ferrari lol. If I could afford a Ferrari...I would buy a Maserati

Whoa! Watch out everyone! We got an industry pro over here!

Lmfao!

Yeah? Is that confusing to you?

I could not run the MP10 fast enough on a 40 breeder for my SPS, the jaebos ended up being a good solution but the damn things lose 50% of their power after a few weeks and require cleaning.

My beef with the vortech pumps now is their stupid modes. When I set my pumps to reef crest I do not want calm, ever. I want random strong flow that maybe alternates between 50% power and 100% power. Not sure what they were thinking with reef crest mode spending any significant time idling.

Don't ya know buying anything eco tech makes you an expert. I use wp-25 and works fine for my needs. i spend all my money on my car, my tank gets left over funds. (Wife not to happy). Hell I just spent 4k on a freaking exhaust.

I don't drive a (kia) meant to say Hyundai.

Don't ya know buying anything eco tech makes you an expert. I use wp-25 and works fine for my needs. i spend all my money on my car, my tank gets left over funds. (Wife not to happy)

I don't drive a Kia

I drive a Kia dammit. :) My Forte is perfect, I spend my money on the reef tank.

Mr. Microscope

Granted, I'm running bare bottom. So, I don't have to worry about about sand blowing around, but I have my MP-10 on full blast, shortest LPM and have a WP-10 at 75% Else mode in my 25 gallon cube. Everything is very very happy. No flesh getting torn off anything. Nothing struggling to open. Hardly any detritus build up on the bottom. PE is stellar on my acros.

Archived