Pod Your Reef

10gal or 20gal....is one more forgiving?

waveland

Hi, first post. I had a nice 45 reef tank 15 years ago before led's came out, so am not quite a complete newbie.

I'm thinking of a small Caribbean tank, focusing on some nice polyps, a coral banded shrimp, a royal gramma, goby and maybe a chromis??

I'm considering the IM Fusion 10 or 20, ghost skimmer and Current Marine or Ecoxotic led's.

Can all this be done in a 10 without it being super sensitive, or do you recommend the 20?

As well, if any of these fish are a no, no, let me know.

Thanks!

NorthGaHillbilly

It can be done in a 10 without a doubt, but if you have the space I would go ahead and go with a 20. The major costs wont be very different between the two, the 20 will be more forgiving, and youll likely want more space quickly with the 10

I actually like the challenge of the 10g and under tanks. That being said, I think moving to the 20g (especially if you want more than a couple fish) seems like the better choice.

go 20gallon long, great dimensions and more livestock choices.

a 10 can be done just fine, depends on how you set it up, but ime unless you want the extra challenge of a smaller tank, the bigger you go the happier you'll be. and like I said, 20 long is a sexy tank.

Archived