Pod Your Reef

attaching monti cap?

lkoechle

I got a monti cap frag from someone who had his just growing on the sandbed. How do i attach it to a rock? Just super glue it? Right now it is also on my sandbed. How badly will the sand grains bother it? Its not covered in sand, just a couple grains on it..

I got a monti cap frag from someone who had his just growing on the sandbed. How do i attach it to a rock? Just super glue it? Right now it is also on my sandbed. How badly will the sand grains bother it? Its not covered in sand, just a couple grains on it..

I usually take a small glob of epoxy, super glue it to the rock and then carefully superglue the cap to the epoxy. Usually just a small drop of glue on the bottom of the cap is enough as it will encrust within a few weeks.

• 5 weeks later...

Get it off the sand, it won't like that. Get up higher with more light and flow and it will grow like a weed!!

I got some glue and glued it to a rock. Its starting to grow at a pretty good pace :)

Super glue/ underwater epoxy/ superglue, it is the best combination of adhesives that I have ever used. Basically, ball up a piece of a piece of epoxy and put a few dabs of super glue on it. Attach the frag to the superglue side of the epoxy, flip it over and put a few dabs of superglue on the opposite side. Then all you do is place it firmly where you want it.

Super glue/ underwater epoxy/ superglue, it is the best combination of adhesives that I have ever used. Basically, ball up a piece of a piece of epoxy and put a few dabs of super glue on it. Attach the frag to the superglue side of the epoxy, flip it over and put a few dabs of superglue on the opposite side. Then all you do is place it firmly where you want it.

YES!!! Good I am not the only crazy person who uses both types of glue at once! :P

Archived