SaltCritters.com

6 line wrasse with firefish?

Lucasmaximas

Has anybody kept a 6 line wrasse (pyjama wrasse) with fire fish before? I was recomend a 6 line for my new 200l but I really want a purple fire fish.

My intended stockig list is;

2 x false percula

1 x blood shrimp

1 x purple fire fish (or mated pair)

1 x watchman goby and paired shrimp

1 x 6 line wrasse

1 x searpant star

1 x yellow longnose butterfly

1 x flame angel

Any thoughts?

I had a couple of clowns, red firefish and hi fin goby. I added a tiny 6 line. At first it worked out well. He'd cruise the tank, go in and out if the small holes in the rocks. Everyone was happy. As he got bigger he became more aggressive. Then one day the firefish and goby had their top fins missing. He got traded in. Some people have had no problem, it all depends.

If I had the choice now, I'd do a pair of firefish. It's hard to do if you already have one.

I have a six line in my fire fish, regal damsel, chromis, maroon clown. Only had him a few months and he hasn't done anything, if something has ago at him he warn them off. I think if you make sure there are small holes to go for the firefish so he has somewhere to go you will be ok

How would a royal gramma in place of the 6 line sound?

Its a great option.. the Six Line is a horror show and they're hard to catch if you would need to later remove the fish.

Its a great option.. the Six Line is a horror show and they're hard to catch if you would need to later remove the fish.

^I agree. I had to remove all my LR to get that little cretin out of my tank.

Love sixlines, but they can become very aggressive. They will cause your firefish and other small docile fish to hide and starve. As others mentioned, when they mature can also kill smaller fish and inverts. Of course there are always exceptions, but I certainly would not risk it. A royal gramma would be a good alternative.

Thanks for the info I think I'll stay away from the 6 line how does this sticking list sound (written in order to be added)

2 x false percula

1 x blood shrimp

1 x royal gramma

1 x searpant star

1 x flame angel

Thanks for the info I think I'll stay away from the 6 line how does this sticking list sound (written in order to be added)

2 x false percula

1 x blood shrimp

1 x royal gramma

1 x searpant star

1 x flame angel

Careful with the butterfly and angel as they are known to nip coral

Hi, just my two bits here. Just like Cove said, I would definitely recommend to exercise caution with the longnose butterfly. It's not like you can't keep one, but in nature they pretty much just eat coral polyps, and if you want to keep one happy and healthy, you may have to resign to losing a coral or two. Regarding the stocking order, I don't think it matters too much for the inverts, but definitely add in the firefish first because they are shy and may want to establish themselves in the tank without the fear of being chased around by any earlier inhabitants.

Archived