SaltCritters.com

DaveFason

The time has come! Storm cases have been milled and are all set for shipping. I will be shipping Feb 13th. I did have one snag with the pricing and will have to adjust the pre-order to $27.95. These will be powder coated black. Price will be $32.95 after Tuesday, 27th.

If you would like one please post on here and I will PM.

Photos!

How its made :

https://flic.kr/p/qTChJd

16162039968_12d359506e_z.jpgUntitled by NanoBoxReef, on Flickr

16347886321_e63e2a8909_z.jpgUntitled by NanoBoxReef, on Flickr

16323682606_a85e9158b2_z.jpgUntitled by NanoBoxReef, on Flickr

-Dave

Out of curiosity, is there anything to keep water from getting in the case where the little knob is?

There is not. This is simply a much better made case than the standard Coralux issued. I wish a water proof case was something I could do but the design of the controller makes it impossible.

-Dave

Why would you want to put a Bluefish controller in with a Storm? lol

Lol, I guess it was a dumb question. I was thinking the Bluefish mini controller worked with the storm.

There is not. This is simply a much better made case than the standard Coralux issued. I wish a water proof case was something I could do but the design of the controller makes it impossible.

-Dave

Alright well add me to the list, I've been needing to get my controller off the floor behind my tank anyway..... :wacko:

First NB product ever!

Yup. you keep it away from wet fingers coz wet fingers and lights do not mix.

Since when? :P

-Dave

You need to talk him into moving the power plug socket to the bottom.

Out the side is such a design pain. Even make a couple unused pins on that pin out would work.

Your box is superior by the way.

You need to talk him into moving the power plug socket to the bottom. Out the side is such a design pain.

I was thinking this exact same thing just a few hours ago when I was trying to sort out where to mount my storm controller. I am going to go to radio shack tomorrow to see if I can find a 90 degree plug adapter.

I was thinking this exact same thing just a few hours ago when I was trying to sort out where to mount my storm controller. I am going to go to radio shack tomorrow to see if I can find a 90 degree plug adapter.

Let us know what you find......

You could also just desolder the barrel plug and connect your wire directly to the PCB.

Problem is.... I don't go anywhere near a soldering gun :unsure:

Let me know if you find one.

You could also just desolder the barrel plug and connect your wire directly to the PCB.

Too much work!

My wife insists that we need this, who am I to question her ;)

She is wondering if we can choose to have it painted a custom color such as to match our light?

• 2 weeks later...

I know you've been working on the hybrids, but I haven't received anything yet as far as the new cases go......

Getting powder coated sir!

Archived