Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Are these Worms on the sand good or bad for my system?

burakerkal

Look like bristleworms. People have mixed feelings about them, I personally take out the larger ones I find because I've had one in my tank that was at least 8-10" long.

I'm having a hard time making out number 2 and 4, are they all the same thing?

1 and 3 are bristle worms, they're beneficial members of your cleanup crew, just don't try to pet them or they'll leave little barbs/hairs in your skin.

and there is no reason to take bristle worms out of your tank.

I agree, pics 2 and 4 are tough to make out but the other 2 are bristle worms and I personally, am a fan.

I'm having a hard time making out number 2 and 4, are they all the same thing?

1 and 3 are bristle worms, they're beneficial members of your cleanup crew, just don't try to pet them or they'll leave little barbs/hairs in your skin.

and there is no reason to take bristle worms out of your tank.

Look like bristleworms. People have mixed feelings about them, I personally take out the larger ones I find because I've had one in my tank that was at least 8-10" long.

Thank you all of you for your kind replies. So I will let them live and I won't feed them :)

Can't tell 2, 4 looks like some sort of pod. Bristleworms are harmless detrivores (they eat decomposing material, poop, etc.) and are beneficial to your tank. People will often see them by a sick coral or dead fish and assume that they are the reason for the problem but in reality, all they are doing is eating the necrotic tissue.

Can't tell 2, 4 looks like some sort of pod. Bristleworms are harmless detrivores (they eat decomposing material, poop, etc.) and are beneficial to your tank. People will often see them by a sick coral or dead fish and assume that they are the reason for the problem but in reality, all they are doing is eating the necrotic tissue.

agreed. they get a bad rap, when in reality they're actually keeping things from rotting in your tank.

Archived