Top Shelf Aquatics

Turn your old apple device into a webcam.

lilmatty5dimes

HecticDialectics

Well phone isn't working right. Can't paste anything.

Maybe you can figure out an app that will turn your old apple device into a new Apple device!

lilmatty5dimes
I mention this on other sites and forgot to post it here. I recently stumbled upon an app set for Apple devices that allows me to turn any of my devices (iPhone' date=' iPad, iMac, or even iPod) into a webcam to watch over my tank remotely. The app set is free. Essentially, the cost is free because I already had an old iPhone I do not use. More than one Apple device can be used to view from different angles. You will need two Apple devices.The apps are called https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/athome-video-streamer-ip-camera/id590416158?mt=8'>Athome Video Streamer and https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/athome-camera-free-remote/id305567000?mt=8'>Athome Camera.16225590061_e9da621910_c.jpg16041346589_df8c256696_c.jpgThe Athome Streamer app will be used on the devices that will be your webcams. The Athome Camera app will be used on the device used to view your webcam.Here is my tank:16041346509_274b94d012_c.jpgMy phone is plugged in for continuous. I have this as the only app running so low risk of overheating. The app has features such flash, switch camera (back to front lens), Mute, record, take a pic, and even Walkie Talkie. Here is the flash feature. I am controlling the flash of my phone I am using as a webcam. Keep in mind I am out of town at the moment and my lights have just turn off according to their schedule.16040201880_170918a378_c.jpgThe setup was pretty easy. This app is also available for Android devices. Cross platform may be available.UPDATE-I have used this app since 07 Jan 15. The only time the app was down was when the app server was down for maintenance. The only crash experienced was when I used the "Screen off" feature so avoid that feature.Here is how I attached it for viewing using tape:16289259845_43d6785696_c.jpg

Maybe you can figure out an app that will turn your old apple device into a new Apple device!
Lol. Got it for some reason it didn't copy the text which is strange cause I just pasted it to a local form. Oh well got it to work.

Archived