Pod Your Reef

Help please - Stocking for 200L aquaoak reef

Lucasmaximas

I'm transferring my 2 false perculas from my edge into a 200L 100cm x 40cm x 50cm reef. I've written my stocking list below in the order I intend to add them. Any feed back or alternative ideas would be good.

2 x false percula

1 x blood shrimp

1 x purple fire fish (or mated pair)

1 x watchman goby and paired shrimp

2 x dottybacks/gramma (suggestions appreciated)

1 x searpant star

1 x yellow longnose butterfly

1 x flame angel

I will add the fish a month inbetween each one while monitoring water conditions.

What are people's thoughts?

Thank you!

Yeah I'm planning on softies and a few sps, that's why I selected the yellow longnose from my research they are reef safe with coral they tend to feed on pods hiding in the live rock. And nip at urchin feet but won't keep urchins

Has anybody kept yellow longnose butterfly's? Any other suggestions on stocking? Does my list sound like to much bio-load or about right?

This is the only known reef safe butterflyfish that I know of. And there are probably still chances it will pick at coral.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+25+1853&pcatid=1853

I would definitely setup a QT for the butterfly since they are such sensitive animals.

As for 2 dottybacks or grammas, I don't think that will work well. Your tank is still not that big and dottybacks are known to be extremely territorial. Maybe just 1 basslet and 1 wrasse. I would stay away from 2 of any type of fish that is known to be extremely territorial.

I'm transferring my 2 false perculas from my edge into a 200L 100cm x 40cm x 50cm reef. I've written my stocking list below in the order I intend to add them. Any feed back or alternative ideas would be good.

2 x false percula Add later

1 x blood shrimp good

1 x purple fire fish Add first/second

1 x watchman goby and paired shrimp Add first/second

2 x dottybacks/assessors (Look at orafarm.com Assessors are more peaceful)

1 x serpant star (Small Species)

1 x flame angel May nip corals

I will add the fish a month inbetween each one while monitoring water conditions.

What are people's thoughts?

Thank you!

Edited your post for suggestions, etc, which are in red.

Does anybody else have any suggestions to replace the dottybacks/grammas I'm looking or a mix o bright colours and some active swimmers

IMO the grammar would be fine. Not too aggressive.

IMO the grammar would be fine. Not too aggressive.have you considered a six line wrasse?

IMO the grammar would be fine. Not too aggressive.

IMO the grammar would be fine. Not too aggressive.have you considered a six line wrasse?

I have considered it but thought wrasse would be to big, would you suggest a 6 line in place of the grammas?

Has anybody kept a Scott's fairy wrasse in a 200l or smaller aquarium?

Way too small. This fish need room to swim. They also can get big. If you want a fairy wrasse I would look more at the solon fairy or lubbocks fairy wrasses.

Archived