Cultivated Reef

Box's Mr.Aqua 12 gallon Long

box

Hi everybody,

I set up a new tank! I have always loved the 12 gallon long from Mr. Aqua, so I decided to make it my next tank.

This tank is going to be extremely simple because I'm setting it up for my parents, mostly zoa's and other good looking easy to take care of softies. Minimal equipment and probably no fish, so that I can avoid adding a filter to it.

Here are the pics!

Empty:

0qYTzvk.jpg

Sand!

2vSZJlx.jpg

Lots of chipping:

5e9brXN.jpg

The result of all that chipping:

BMS21Me.jpg

Great scape what's going for the filtration?

Thanks! There is not going to be fish in this tank for a long time. So since the bio load is going to be low I will just be using the natural filtration of live rock and live sand

nice!

Thanks!

I LOVE the cooper piping.

Yeah I was trying to figure out how to hang my lighting so that I could work in the tank easier. So I was shopping at lowes and saw the copper piping and a light bulb went off in my head! I like the industrial feel of copper tubing :P

Off to a great start, love the rock scape.

Thanks! this is my third reef tank, and I have learned from my past mistakes of putting in too much rock in the tank. This time there is no rock near the glass! and I used empty space to create focal points. I used a chisel and hammer to get the rocks into the shape I wanted them to be in.

I will post more pics tomorrow! I have added 2 pieces of live rock.

nice build. what are you going to use for water movement? mp10?

I'm probably going to end up using the jebao RW-4 for water movement. I can't justify spending $200+ on a powerhead for this tank. The RW-4 has good reviews, seems reliable, and is quieter than the mp10. The best part is that you can have 2 sync'd up together, and they are so cheap I can actually afford to do this. Hopefully this decision won't bite me in the butt later on...

just a question wont the salt creep end up rusting the copper just a question i have no clue

i have th rw-4 in my 20 long and it is amazing love the lil guy only run in on half in my 20l

Put water in it! #NoFilter

XTgnhn9.jpg

just a question wont the salt creep end up rusting the copper just a question i have no clue

i have th rw-4 in my 20 long and it is amazing love the lil guy only run in on half in my 20l

No the tank doesn't touch the stand, and I haven't had any problems so far(This tank was fresh water before). Yeah I heard they are very well liked! I'm pretty excited to have one in my tank.

this makes me extremely happy, cant wait to see this take off.

Thanks! I can't wait to put some coral in here

Great start!

Thanks!

Looks good, what bulbs are you running (looks like t'5's to me)

Yeah, Im running t5s. Its one blue and one purple bulb

Nice aquascape. Good start good luck.

Thanks!

Added the new pump! Look at all the waves!

Zp2zS70.jpg

Dude that looks great! I can't wait to have coral in my tank.

. Thanks I think I need another powerhead I hate we're mine is placed but

I can't get enough flow if I move it to the side of the tank. Just picked up a bubble tip and sexy shrimp. Of course the bubble tip moved to the back of the tank behind the rock.

Archived