inTank Media Baskets

Lime LED's are dubious

NanoFox

I was going through Steve's binning info, and he's done a very good job. Color bin 4 on the cool blue which he offers is in the 475 to 480nm range and this is quite close to the "sweet spot". Bin 5 would be 480-485 which is dead-on but I bet this is hard to find. The other bins offered are also very good. Unfortunately, CB is quite narrow. If that were phosphor based we'd have it all.

For me, I think that a Cy+L+3K on an anti-disco 3-up with ~3RB+1CB+1V on an actinic channel should probably be all most folks need. I might consider droping the Cy with the right CB bins like above, which would make a CB+L+3k "white" plus a 3RB+V actinic. Again as always, this depends both on personal perference and live stock.

On a personal note, I love this community where a few people cooperating can make a real difference . Thanks everyone for the positivity!

If you are going to order the LEDs, hold onto them for a bit. With two kids now, my free time is a little limited, so I don't want to sit on the LEDs for a long time when you could be using them. Let me see what it will take to get my other LED setup running as far as time, and get a measurement with the spectrometer. After I get that data posted, then we can talk about moving to the next step. I have a 6 channel driver setup sitting at home that will work perfectly for this experiment.

Archived