Top Shelf Aquatics

skimmer had surges randomly. ..

ps2cho

I have an SCA 302 skimmer and I randomly come back some days to it overflowing and other days with a very small amount.

Could it be to do with the feeding or aminos I dose in the AM?

Anything I can do that may help?

I am having the same issue. Hope you find the reason.

And I just want to kindly let you know that this topic might belong in hardware.

I've had the same thing happen to my sca 302. It used to happen all the time, until I figured out my temp probe from my digital thermometer was getting sucked into the intake.

Now it happens about once a month. I haven't seen any blockages of the pump or air hose, so I have no clue.

I've had the same thing happen to my sca 302. It used to happen all the time, until I figured out my temp probe from my digital thermometer was getting sucked into the intake.

Now it happens about once a month. I haven't seen any blockages of the pump or air hose, so I have no clue.

Hahaha! It's getting hot in here!

Well, I always thought my SCA 302 was doing this because I had done something wrong. Since I cleaned the skimmer up it hasn't been surging as much, but still has its moments. I had attributed it to either not tuning it correctly, increase of crap in the water, or because it was dirty. If someone has an answer to why this skimmer is so finicky, that would be great.

Archived