Top Shelf Aquatics

First LED build, Vivarium

Austin28

Hello,

I am in the planning stages for a 46x22x40 (inches) vivarium. I was reviewing lighting options and building my own using led group buy seems to be the most cost effective option. That said I was hoping I could get some detailed help and input here on how to build this and in selecting the right less. My initial thought is three lumia 5.2 105w planted tank LED's mounted in a single heatsink 36" long suspended above the tank by about 3-5 inches using their wide angle optics. My limited understanding tells me that I will need two coralux 5 up's, six meanwell LDD 700HW drivers and four meanwell LDD 1000HW drivers, and a 500w 48v 10.4A DC Power Supply. I would like to use the storm-x controller to operate the lighting system.

Please help me plan this out the right way!

Thank you.

jedimasterben

Your plan is good. The 'plant' version has mostly XT-E on it, so you can use four channels of 1A LDD and then the channel with deep red and royal blue run at 700mA, so you'd need a total of eight 1A and two 700mA.

You can also use the 250w power supply - even keeping the four XT-E channels at 1A, each Lumia will only use around 70w.

Okay great, thank you for your reply! Now what else would I need to actually assemble this unit and how would I go about doing so?

Thank you!

Archived