Innovative Marine Aquariums

Fish ideas

IrishSalt

I've had about 5 years experience in saltwater reefing, my last tank was a 75g fish, live rock, corals. Got out of the hobby a year ago and the "itch" got me !!

I just started a 10g Fluval Spec nano tank and plan on having live rock & sand (already in) and corals, mostly softies. Currently the tank is cycling. I'm wondering on whether to put a fish in or not. Primary reason for the fish is something to watch.

Your suggestions and ideas are most welcomed.

Clowns are always obliviously always great for small reef tanks I just would not recommend damsels as they can be aggressive and if you are going to choose a clown do not choose a tomato clown they are very aggressive hope I could help.

I would only keep one clown in a 10 gallon. Other options are any kind of goby. A shrimp and goby pair are always cool to watch.

Thanks, I did check the flaming prawn goby and it's a beautiful fish to say the least. However the cost is too much for me now. The "risk vs reward" is too far apart. If I could find one somebody else doesn't need, then perhaps. Great suggestion!!!

Archived