ReefCleaners.org

Too much flow? Too much skimmer?

edekgb

I have a 20 gallon long set up with 2 hydor 240 gph powerheads and 2 hydor 425 gph powerheads. I took out one of the 425 gph thinking it might be to much flow but I was thinking about putting it back in because I have heard the more flow the better. With these four power heads available what would you guys do - how would you use them and where to place them considering the live stock I have.

I have a large flower pot coral in the tank, a rock anemone, and I just added a rose bubble tip anemone among other softies and two clown fish. Im worried about the bta and flower pot being blown to much although I have had the flower pot for a week now and he doesn't seem to mind the flow so far. Rose BTA cost a pretty penny though.

Other question is: I have a near new reef octopus bh-90 hob protein skimmer that I took out of my 120 gallon tank (skimmer is rated for something like 90 gallons) and have it just sitting all cleaned up and im tempted to but it on the back of my 20 gallon long. Is this a bad Idea? What would you guys do?

Archived