inTank Media Baskets

Mushroom Toadstool coral question

Fluffeh

I have a mushroom toadstool coral and I had to remove him from his frag plug to put him on a rock. Well, it seems as though no matter how much glue I use, the sucker just finds a way to detach himself within 2 days. whats the best way of getting a toadstool mounted on a rock if you can't glue it?

Glue and toadstools don't go together. Unfortunately. They slime themselves off the superglue. Same with epoxy.

Several ways to go about it.

1) If you have a place in the scape you can rubberband it to. That's your best bet. Give it a week to attach to the surrounding rock, than cut off the rubberband.

2) Stick a toothpick through it's base and glue the toothpick to the scape.

3) rubberband it to a frag plug or piece of rubble rock and leave it on your sand bed for a week or so. Let it attach, than glue it to your scape.

4) Place it in a small bowl, even a shot glass with some rubble rock on the bottom. Place the toadstool on top. Cover the bowl/glass with a mesh material so it can't float away. Within a week or so it'll attach to a piece of rubble rock in which you can than glue to your scape. Good luck.

You can also stitch it to the rock with regular needle and thread. Just two or three stitches will do. And the just tie the thread to the rock. If you use cotton thread it will decompose in time, or you can cut it loose when it has got a hold of the rock.

Had my toadstool drop babies a few months ago. I just put the frags in with plugs and rubble, rubber banded together in a Tupperware on sandbars. Worked great.

so i tried rubber banding it down to a rock and it seemed like it was working, then on the third day the guy started splitting itself in half.

so i took the good half of the coral and put it in a shot glass with a peice of rubble. he's really cramped in there, does he need room? or is it okay if he's crammed in with the rock rubble and holes in the opening for water

Archived