ReefCleaners.org

DBK's 40B AIO

dbk07

A quad would be nice but I'm not quite sold lol. Then again I found out a LFS might have a used 36" 6 bulb t5 for $200......hmmmm. Its might be a tad too wide for my tank though.

I see what you mean,I wrestled with dropping the coin on a nanobox but was finally like it's the best value by far for the money and features it has. I'm probably gonna do an unboxing video and setup when it comes in.

Can't best t5 coloring and full factor though

I was thinking hybrid. I like the looks t5 gives but the costs of replacing bulbs every year is going to annoy me.If i do hybrid an run the t5 only during a peak period I would be ok with that. I'd like to get the nanobox hybrid but I don't want to dedicate just one surge protector to it.

Ended up picking this thing up for $15 yesterday.

Unknown Milli?

Can anyone give an ID? I also bought some liquid food called Reef Cafe. Its supposed to be a mix as you go supplement I guess. When I went into the LFS you buy the bottle and then basically buy the supplement in shots for lack of a better word. You can choose from amino acids, phytoplankton and zooplankton mixed with a base liqiud. Thought I'd try it out and see how it affects things.

I'm replacing the D120 on this thing pretty soon. Bought a used ATI fixture from a member here and can't wait to try it out. Fish and corals respond pretty well to the Reef Cafe. I'm not totally convinced it will be better than any other coral food or supplement but we'll see. Picked up a salifert nitrate kit but I'm not totally sure if I have 10 or 25 ppm of nitrate. Damn colors lol.

Small update, it seems bryopsis has shown it's ugly head so now I have to deal with that and the bubble algae on the rocks -_-. ATI light should be here by tomorrow and I can't wait to get it set up over the tank. Once I get a feel for it I'm thinking about doing a rescape. The red monti cap is starting to fight with one of the acro frags so thats getting a trim as well.

MrNanoReef

Small update, it seems bryopsis has shown it's ugly head so now I have to deal with that and the bubble algae on the rocks -_-. ATI light should be here by tomorrow and I can't wait to get it set up over the tank. Once I get a feel for it I'm thinking about doing a rescape. The red monti cap is starting to fight with one of the acro frags so thats getting a trim as well.

Sorry to hear that man, kill those bastards with peroxide before they get out of hand, and the buggle algae too. I have a small patch on the overflow area I need to attend to as well, but not sure how without popping them.

HarryPotter

Sorry to hear that man, kill those bastards with peroxide before they get out of hand, and the buggle algae too. I have a small patch on the overflow area I need to attend to as well, but not sure how without popping them.

You can't just suck it out with some 1/2 tubing? (Never had it, but am curious)

I try getting rid of them every water change but now its at the point where they're growing in the nooks and crannies I can't reach. Might just have to suck it up and pull the rocks out and give them a good scrub. I really don't want to to that since some of the corals are anchored in pretty good and I don't want to risk breaking them.

MrNanoReef

You can't just suck it out with some 1/2 tubing? (Never had it, but am curious)

No its like grapes stuck in between the teeth area....lol Im afraid i'll pop them in the water which will seed new ones.

No its like grapes stuck in between the teeth area....lol Im afraid i'll pop them in the water which will seed new ones.

What have you used to try and get it off the rock?

MrNanoReef

I try getting rid of them every water change but now its at the point where they're growing in the nooks and crannies I can't reach. Might just have to suck it up and pull the rocks out and give them a good scrub. I really don't want to to that since some of the corals are anchored in pretty good and I don't want to risk breaking them.

I had to dip mine and scarified some corals, now I found that i might not be bryopsis after all since Tech-M never worked for me. Im doing Algae Fix now and it seems to be killing them, turning yellow/white-ish.

I had bryopsis before, it came on the daisy polyp rock. Thing is It was easy to pick at the time and kind of just went away on its own. Have not seen it at all until now and its growing on three different rocks.

MrNanoReef

What have you used to try and get it off the rock?

for bubble algae, i use a forceps and kinda knock it out of place without popping them, but I took the rocks out to do this, but if I did pop them, I'll blast some tank water over that area with a turkey baster.

I had bryopsis before, it came on the daisy polyp rock. Thing is It was easy to pick at the time and kind of just went away on its own. Have not seen it at all until now and its growing on three different rocks.

Thats how mine came in, i thought i scrape them all off but it all came back when my tank is fully stocked and have loads of nutrient, i can't believe how quick it overrun the rocks, must be like only 3 weeks.

Got the new light in and I'm loving it.
ZypNLgR.jpg
Don't worry people the way its hanging is temporary lol
Everything looks a lot more crisp and the coral are responding very well. It's hung about 11" above the water right now but I plan on dropping it to about 7-8" going a week at a time and see how things respond
wgSX0gL.jpg

Might move or get rid of that birdsnest and the zoa colony above it.

That's a really nice looking birds nest my friend.

It looks a little more pale in person. Just seemed to fade a little.

It looks a little more pale in person. Just seemed to fade a little.

Either way it's impressive in size. I just got a little one in with a bird of paradise they seem pretty cool

They grow really fast. I love 'em but man they take some real estate.

Excellent haha. If it gets wild I'll frag it out

I really like my blue acro alot it's a tie between thst and the limeade shortcake acro

Finally ditched the API phosphate test kit and got the salifert one. So according to both kits nitrate is sitting at 10 ppm and apparently I have 0 phosphate :rolleyes:. Still fighting the bryopsis and the bubbles algae and I think I have aiptasia now. Yay....

Archived