inTank Media Baskets

10g frag tank - what to supplement, what to feed

cheezefrog

Basically as the title states, just setup a 10g propagation tank, a little new to the whole frag tank propagation. I have only egg-crate in it, no sand, no rock other than some fragments in the filtration.

I've got SPS/LPS/Softies going so I need a range of food and recommended dosing supplements or if its unnecessary.

On this small of scale it makes me a little nervous that I will start over feeding. In my 29g display I use the following twice a week:

Coral Frenzy
Reef-Roids
mysis
zooplankton
some phytoplankton - planning on cultivating it eventually same with the zoo..
oyster feast.

Any recommendations on what I should be throwing in this tank and how often?

Also I dose my DT with ESV 2 part. I've been doing my WC on my 10g frag tank with the 'waste' water coming from my display tank(2g weekly) is this enough and all I should be doing without needing to add trace elements directly in?

Tips, secrets and recommendations for accelerated frag growth would be nice to hear. I use a Aquamana 165W full spec. light on it, totally overkill but heavily dimmed back.

I also dose the following Kent products in my DT:
Coral Vite
Essential Elements
Strontium/Molybdenum
Occasional Iodine although I don't use it as much since switching to reef crystals and ESV.

I don't have a frag tank, but one thing that jumped out at me is your water changes. Water changes are done to take out water which lacks trace elements and add new fresh water full of new increased cal, etc...

Dosing can get you there (mostly), but I'd think that should be done in addition to WC. You may be missing out on something very important and needed for good coral growth.

Archived