Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

I'd like to brainstorm how effective a go fund me page would be for my LFS

brandon429

http://www.kcbd.com/story/27881056/mr-aquarium-suffers-10000-worth-of-damage-from-saturday-morning-vandalism

Horrible.

I've known Kyle 20 yrs since this shop started with only empty glass aquariums for sale in a 20x10 sized corner shop. Now they are the largest lfs in a 200 maybe more mile range, people come here from New Mexico just to buy quality animals and hardware.

Absolutely honest, pillars of our community--Kyle and Jennifer are honest and hardworking this is non corporate family owned tragedy. Every coral I own came from here, I'm ready to help them regain some lost ground but I've never done a go fund me, and don't have facebook. What do you all think is the best way to help our friends recoup

For the last month lubbock has been under siege from idiot teens w BB guns, this was the worst. Over a hundred cars and businesses have been shot out in just the last few weeks.

B

No idea how effective it would be but...

This may sound callous, if so it's not meant to be. But have you asked if they need/want help?

If they aren't in financial trouble the hassle of a fundraiser might be unnecessary and unwanted.

There very well may be insurance hectic I'm not sure. Being a non business owner I'm not sure how deductibles work for it or if they have it. The reason I would contribute towards a GFM is because of the honesty level the owners apply to management and sales. This is where all of my corals come from, every reef Ive owned and they hand built the business up from a 20x10 tiny, tiny store in 96. They have a very strong following in our city and are known as very honest people and business managers.

I was noticing how lately on the news go fund me is used for getting pizza delivery drivers who were treated rudely five grand, so the brainstorm came to mind. Kyle is my friend and I wanted to start asking about this to help any way possible.

James thats a fair point, the only reason I didn't ask was the friendship angle. If I'd not known them for 20 yrs or they were a big conglomerate things w be diff. Fair question.

I'm not assuming insurance would cover all total costs, GFM sounded helpful even if we just wrangled five hundred bucks.

Thats bullshit that the kids nowadays would think that was a cool thing to do. I hope they got caught and got a switch taken to their asses then splashed with rubbing alcohol then smothered with honey and fire ants thrown on!

Yes

we were rascals back in the day w bb guns, but this is beyond, its b and e w cash theft, diff kind of criminal

not that I condone shooting windows thats for sure but imo not the same as cash theft

B and E w prop destruction and cash theft, diff leagure, prison quality

this is imo even different than those few threads about total tank wipeout by poisoning, some big threads hit the rounds a few years back about that, as in multiple display tanks in one store. believe it even made cnn. Some things I didnt realize about GFM, another poster told me that paypal and GFM can sometimes have issues of cash xfer or release didnt quite understand, but he seemed to imply the GFM might not be honest in giving their portion of the cash to the intended...that part hadn't made the news. just the large payouts...

shattering happened here it was beyond

Even if they weren't kids, that's evil , one thing to break in then rob the place but then to go out of your way and smash and shoot /TRASH the place, Espescially To a local business that's not a big china run busisness! On top of it? Ridiculous I shake my head at th is world more times in a day then I'd like too,:[ and I'm only 24.

Hey thank you kind sir from down the way

used to make the long drive out there in the 90s you guys had two really nice lfs as well, one off the interstate coming into town on the right and bubbles

did you ever go there to those

I shake my head too and I am 64! But that this could happen in Texas is really wild.

I'd say post neighborhood watchers to ride the streets and help the police try to catch these little schytes.

I have relatives there.

Sure hope they recover quickly and can prevent it from happening again.

Archived