Coral Vue Hydros

Torch coral hanging its tentacles

Partially Submerged

Partially Submerged

I realized that my torch coral was sitting in way too much flow. I made adjustments, and now the flow it is in is low.I notice that while its tentacles are extended much longer than previously, they are hanging down on all sides. Is the torch just adjusting to the new flow situation and needs to build "muscle,"or is there a problem. Colors look good.

I'd put it back if I were you. Doesn't it hang its head when the pumps are turned off? It needs the flow. Mine is always perfectly happy in lots of current.

Partially Submerged

Too late. I added an L-piece to the outflow and directed it upwards, which looks really awesome. It also allowed me to nudge a piece of rock into the L, giving me space for another coral (it's a 4g - space is at a premium). But the torch is looking much better. I think it was just adjusting. By the way, I was probably not being clear - there is certainly some flow now. The tentacles do move in the current, just a lot less than previously. I mat turn the outflow a little to increase the flow just a bit.

Thanks for your replies!

Archived