ReefCleaners.org

ATO for Picotope

Deadeye

I am setting up a 3 gallon Picotope and wanted to do a ATO, with a small jug sitting behind the tank holding the RO water. Has anyone successfully used the Smart ATO or Tunze nano ATO in these little tanks, any word which one works best? Pictures of these on a picotope would help also. Thank you.

Awesome. How low did it get before turning on? know who sells them the cheapest by chance?

unfortunately everywhere is pretty much the same price for the unit. as for the water level, if i had to guess i'd say it turns on every time the level dips about 1/8'', maybe a little less.

just make sure you clean the wet side by wiping it down every water change, every time mine starts to act up it's dirty.

this is the best one i could find of the ato in my old picotope during it's cycle, i think first or second week.

http://s229.photobucket.com/user/vkyle8/media/02c0a1ca-0025-4ef9-a08e-14f0add0639c_zps656290a1.png.html'>02c0a1ca-0025-4ef9-a08e-14f0add0639c_zps

i saw on the general discussion that BRS has a $10 off coupon, so right now without looking anywhere else i can tell you it's only $140 before shipping.

Do you have the water tube touching the water in the picotope or just hanging above? Also, do you just place the sensor at the very top of the tank? What did you use to hold your RO water that pumped in the tank. I plan on ordering one soon, just want to make sure it is going to work well and not a waste of money.

Do you have the water tube touching the water in the picotope or just hanging above? Also, do you just place the sensor at the very top of the tank? What did you use to hold your RO water that pumped in the tank. I plan on ordering one soon, just want to make sure it is going to work well and not a waste of money.

keep the tube out of the water, this will create a reverse syphon when the pump shuts off and will drain your tank. the top of the sensor was barley sticking out in my case. the sensor is a cicle, and goes off of a cone type optical lense, so it falls exactly dead center of the circle, which is half of the "height" so to speak. hopefully it makes sense, ive had a few to drink already. my ro resevoir is a rubbermaid cereal container, it holds like 1.2 gallons which is exactly enough for it to last 7 days for the humidity level in my room. any 5 gallon bucket with a lid should work perfectly fine

Sweet, I think I'll order one within the next few days if I dont hear any objections. The ceral container is a great idea. The picotope is on my kitchen counter so I can put the ceral container behind the picotope and set it up that way.

unless you can find someone in the hardware section selling their diy lid then you're stuck making your own. as long as you have the ATO you wont need the lid (for evap purposes), it could potentially just end up raising the tanks temp.

Archived