Turbinaria peltata

Capnella sp

Caulerpa Sertulariodes

Cheatomorpha sp

reef1of1.jpgJanuary 2015

febreef%201%20of%204.jpgFebruary 2015

colorreef%201%20of%201.jpg

July 2015

I've upgraded my pump to a Minijet 606 and also have a Koralia nano 240 running. I think it's perfect with that combo. You could get away with just the 606 though I think.

I've missed you Patrick, how are you? What happened to the old tank in the move?

Missed you too Kat, I'm good! I'm back in school and classes just started. I moved from NC to OH (why oh why) and lost everything in this IMG_0129Large.jpg

Placed an order with inTank. Mini-jet 606, surface skimmer, media basket and Hydor 50W should be here tomorrow.

Hopefully the 606 will give me the flow I want with out a power head. I was using an ACP500 ( smallest power head available locally) but it looks huge in there and my Rainfordi did not like the flow.

IMG_2826-2.jpg

IMG_2877-2.jpg

Missed you too Kat, I'm good! I'm back in school and classes just started. I moved from NC to OH (why oh why) and lost everything in this IMG_0129Large.jpg

I'm sorry to hear that, it was a beautiful tank. Those 2 birds together were my favorite. I don't mean to make you re-live painful memories but what caused the corals to die? I had a set back in my tank move too and wanted to compare notes if you will.

I really don't know. It was a long trip, and after i got a temporary tank setup everything just started losing tissue. I couldn't do enough water changes to keep up and everything just deteriorated quickly.

• 1 month later...

Hi NRers, just a quick update on the Spec-V. I really love this little tank, its so sleek and sexy. I got my inTank media basket, Minijet 606 and 50w Hydor heater, I couldnt be happier, no need for a power head. Its slowly getting stocked, mostly soft corals and LPS. I'm really itching for some sps, but I also want to keep this simple. Maybe a couple Birdsnest down the road. Shot some video and took some still that I will be uploading after I edit.

Some Photos

febreef%201%20of%204.jpg

febreef%202%20of%204.jpg

febreef%203%20of%204.jpg

febreef%204%20of%204.jpg

Thanks iadubber!

Is dubber a VW reference?

Yes, I grew up wrenching on VW/Audis, currently don't own one though. I have a BMW e39 touring now. Someday I'll get an air cooled to start working on.

Yes, I grew up wrenching on VW/Audis, currently don't own one though. I have a BMW e39 touring now. Someday I'll get an air cooled to start working on.

Heck yeah. My first ride was a '92 big bumper GTI, thing was a beast. Sold it got a 95 Passat VR6, hated that POS lol.

• 4 months later...
TheNordCelt

I haven't changed much in the tank, I just did the first water change in months. I did add a refugium with cheato and a mangrove a few months ago. The LPS is doing well, I have a cheap acro frag in there testing the waters so to speak. Its a little brown from the dirty water but its encrusting and colors up to a nice blue/green when I'm doing water changes.

I like shooting dimmable leds better.

Whites & Blues

colorreef%201%20of%201.jpg

Just the Whites

bampwreef%201%20of%201.jpg

Archived