Cultivated Reef

Pink Dorid Nudibranch (Chromodoris bullocki)

barkleylim

nudibranch2.jpg

Has anyone successfully kept this Pink Dorid Nudibranch with yellow tips in your nano tank? Saw this colourful creature in lfs today, from what I know and found on the web stating it eat sponges only?

Thanks!

Most, if not all nudi's have very specific feeding behaviors. For that reason they're not usually kept as regular inhabitants in most tanks - at least not intentionally.

Some people use them temporarily to clear out a pest, and then pass them along when the problem is solved. If they have a very specific food source, it will likely be consumed quickly in a small tank. So if they feed exclusively on sponges (probably only certain kinds too!), you'll probably need a separate sponge growing tank so that when the nudi clears out all the sponges in your tank you can re-populate.

So while I don't have experience keeping them I'm interested to see whether anyone has. I'm skeptical though that many people keep them long term - but that's just me!

Has anyone successfully kept this Pink Dorid Nudibranch with yellow tips in your nano tank?

No. Don't buy nudis. They will starve in your tank and die.

Archived