SaltCritters.com

My little POTO- SPS heavy mixed reef

Slowtwitch

I got an acan pack from Glenn that was to die for. Can't wait to see what you got!

That is what I am waiting for. Probably not going to ship this week now. Damn cold weather. -30 wind chills this morning and temps not supposed to get out of the low teens all week. :angry:

Looks great! Where are the trumpets? I've been scouring the FTS looking for them :).

They are well hidden in that shot. I've since moved them up higher on the left side of the tank. I moved a bunch of stuff this week in preparation for the order from Glenn and just haven't taken a new FTS yet. BTW, the order has been delayed a week due to the extreme cold here. Record lows again tomorrow thru Friday.

20150219_1155011_zpsdy3qojfz.jpg

Somebody was hungry! That piece of shrimp was meant for Mr. Mantis, but it floated past this acan and he said "MINE!!" lol

Love the inner tentacles of this guy!

• Like 1

New FTS today. Things are really starting to fill in nicely. Got a couple of new additions as well. Macro algae arrived a day late and very cold thanks to USPS so not sure it's going to make it.

20150227_1051571_zps23n9tha2.jpg

God of War loving life. Bought this three polyp frag about 6 weeks ago. Hard to see them in this shot, but it has 9 new babies popping up around the base. New paly above sold as "purple gorilla nipples" P. Grandis "Cinnamon" kind pissed from the move, but can anyone confirm this?

20150227_1051171_zpssimwhq87.jpg

Right side of tank becoming Zoa Mountain.

20150227_1050481_zpsevmac8vy.jpg

Upper left of tank. Because Gena wanted to see where the trumpets went.

20150227_1050341_zpsdkcjsals.jpg

Wish Mr Mantis would clean up after himself when he is done eating. Need to work on getting all the broken snail shells out of the sand.

20150227_1050151_zpsus8zuqki.jpg

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Hasn't been a ton of activity here in the last week or so....until today! Got a package from Glenn at CGA. Amazing! several new acan frags and a Duncan. Over the moon! The package arrived a day late (as usual for this area) and a bit cold, but everything looked ok. Got them dipped and in the tank. They were still not fully extended when the lights went out, so pictures will have to wait until tomorrow, When a box from Lawnman should arrive!! More zoas for the mountain.

Putting together my list of hardware for the tank upgrade that I planned for summertime. I'm so happy with how things have been going with this tank, I think I'm going to advance the time table to late spring.

• Like 2

Awesome! Glenn's stuff is excellent - I have several really nice acans I got from him. And I've heard great things about Lawn's stuff too :)

The pictures don't even come close to doing these justice. Real estate is getting pretty scarce on the sand, but I'll have these up in the rocks as soon as they get used to the lights here. Amazed by the quality and generosity of both CGA and Lawnman. You guys are awesome.

Hawaiian Paly

20150312_161655_zpsvlqqf6zm.jpg

Mini mini nem

20150312_160945_zpsebvkaxyu.jpg

CGA Acan frag pack

2015-03-12%2008.51.37_zpsvutuzfpf.jpg

Love this Duncan!!

2015-03-12%2008.47.35_zps8esmhegq.jpg

Top down

2015-03-12%2008.50.54_zpsc7gfi3of.jpg

2015-03-12%2015.46.57_zpsffzonz3x.jpg

FTS...Very unorganized ATM

2009-01-01%2000.00.00-2_zps3i8wt4li.jpg

• Like 5
Markburns43

Hey slow , you have nice tank so far! i like the coral selections and i almost for got its a 10 gallon! The best part is watching it all fill in. For sure it will look beautiful.

• Like 1

The pictures don't even come close to doing these justice. Real estate is getting pretty scarce on the sand, but I'll have these up in the rocks as soon as they get used to the lights here. Amazed by the quality and generosity of both CGA and Lawnman. You guys are awesome.

Hawaiian Paly

CGA Acan frag pack

2015-03-12%2008.51.37_zpsvutuzfpf.jpg

Love this Duncan!!

2015-03-12%2008.47.35_zps8esmhegq.jpg

Top down

2015-03-12%2008.50.54_zpsc7gfi3of.jpg

Nice Duncan! Very tentacular! And I like the Acans, too. Mine are doing so well, one I get my creepy crawly critters under control with my first fish (!!!) I might have to get some more Acans.

But first, a much needed March Break. Just counted them, spent 70 hours at work last week. Good thing I love what I do!!!

• Like 1

Traded a few frags today and placed a few up in the rocks. Still too much in the sand, but I'll move a few more tomorrow. Then prolly a new fts.

Hey Slowtwitch, I think I remember seeing a post you made in another thread about using mollies to eat your excess pods. How did you work out for you?

PS: I got an acan pack from CGA too - I was really happy with it :)

It was kind of an accident really. I was actually trying to grow a pod population for the possibility of getting a mandarin. However, about two days after a pair of mollies went in all the pods were gone and the mollies were fat and happy.

• Like 1

Cool! How big were your pods? I have some huge pods and I'm trying to figure out how to get rid of them. Also, how did you acclimate the mollies to salt water?

Cool! How big were your pods? I have some huge pods and I'm trying to figure out how to get rid of them. Also, how did you acclimate the mollies to salt water?

Most of the pods were fairly small, but there were a few that were larger that must have come in on the live rock. The largest were about the size of a pencil eraser. The mollies did not kill those, but my mantis did. Strange thing was he didn't eat them. Watched him hunt down and kill one though. Like Wild Kingdom in this little tank...lol

I literally floated the bag to temp and dumped them in. They never missed a beat. They were eating algae off the rocks and glass within a couple minutes.

• Like 1