SaltCritters.com

My little POTO- SPS heavy mixed reef

Slowtwitch

Your colors are fantastic :). That encrusting monti looks amazing. Patrick has one like that too that I was admiring on his IG.

The rainbow or the sunset? I like them both. The rainbow was actually supposed to be something else but I like that they made the mistake. :D

I have a mystic sunset also that is getting really huge and I will likely need to figure a way to frag it somehow. It's actually starting to plate off the rock.

• Like 1

That rainbow is beautiful, it really jumped out at me in the pictures.

What do you have each channel set at peak?

Thanks. I'll frag it for you if it ever plates out at all like the mystic sunset is doing.

Right now blues are at 50 and whites at 25. I noticed more browning today so im going to increase another 10% this weekend. I need a par meter to set the final intensity if I can get one. Otherwise I'm just guessing where to stop the ramp up.

The rainbow or the sunset? I like them both. The rainbow was actually supposed to be something else but I like that they made the mistake. :D

I have a mystic sunset also that is getting really huge and I will likely need to figure a way to frag it somehow. It's actually starting to plate off the rock.

Oh...the rainbow :wub:. That one just really stuck out to me. I didn't even notice the sunset LOL. But those are pretty too!

Tank was upgraded in March when the 10 gallon sprung a leak. It's a Mr. Aqua 24x18x18 "cube"

What are the dimensions of your tank? I looked on the first page but it says you have a 10g tank :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Corals are brown. Bleh. I think I was expecting way more intensity out of the nanobox light based on what Ive read in lots of other threads and had the settings way too low. I am bringing them up slowly so as not to bleach anything. Before I change out lights again I will for sure have a par meter handy. The tank for sure LOOKS brighter, but the corals say- Nope!

For all you fans of the creepy crawlies. This guy came out to play today at feeding time. He lives in my sump now. I tried to get the picture with him fully stretched out, but he wasn't having it. I'd say he is almost 7 inches long when hes reaching out of his hole.

BgP4B5l.jpg

:lol: That's a big 'un! I had a bunch of big ones like that - then I got two melanurus wrasses and I haven't seen one since. I think they ate them all. I saw the itty bitty wrasse grab a big fat four incher, bang it against a rock repeatedly then swallow it. CRAZY.

zZyu7Jb.jpg?1

Still need to play with the settings a bit, but the new QuadW is in and functional. :D

Sorry the image is kind of grainy. All I had was my cell camera.

Holy coral, Batman! I have a lot to catch up on. This looks awesome! That's a lot of growth!

LMFAO!

I figured that's all it was, but then why do you type BBC enough that it auto corrects to that? :rolleyes:

:lol:

• Like 1

:lol: That's a big 'un! I had a bunch of big ones like that - then I got two melanurus wrasses and I haven't seen one since. I think they ate them all. I saw the itty bitty wrasse grab a big fat four incher, bang it against a rock repeatedly then swallow it. CRAZY.

Holy coral, Batman! I have a lot to catch up on. This looks awesome! That's a lot of growth!

:lol:

Everything was growing like mad a couple of weeks ago. Now everything has stopped as it adjusts to the new light. Glad I noticed that. Had to adjust the doser pretty significantly this morning as the alk had started to creep up due to diminished use. 9.3 when I normally keep it around 8.5. Not terrible, but if I hadn't checked until water change day on Thursday, it could have been bad.

• Like 1

Everything was growing like mad a couple of weeks ago. Now everything has stopped as it adjusts to the new light. Glad I noticed that. Had to adjust the doser pretty significantly this morning as the alk had started to creep up due to diminished use. 9.3 when I normally keep it around 8.5. Not terrible, but if I hadn't checked until water change day on Thursday, it could have been bad.

Good thinking to check! This tank has grown so much. Very cool to see.

• Like 1

Colors continue to improve as the lights continue their ramp back up to the levels they should be. Very happy to see that. Unfortunately I lost one of my favorite pieces due to my brain fart. The "Dracula" stag stn'd from the base over the past couple of days. Tried fragging it to save the tips but cam in today to bone white skeleton. Will for sure have to try to find another one of those.

Those 2 patches of Xenia are a HUGE nutrient sink, they suck up nitrates and phosphates like a fat man at an all-u-can-eat buffet. I have it in one of my softie tanks and that tank looks great all of the time with minimal algae. Just keep up with alk dosing or it'll melt in 12h and kill everything in the tank, been there, done that.

• Like 2

That's a bummer about the dracula stag, that's a really pretty color. I'm a little surprised that just low light would make it STN. But I guess since just looking crosswise at some SPS makes them STN, I shouldn't be surprised :)

• Like 1

That's a bummer about the dracula stag, that's a really pretty color. I'm a little surprised that just low light would make it STN. But I guess since just looking crosswise at some SPS makes them STN, I shouldn't be surprised :)

It's the only piece I've lost and nothing else changed so not sure what else would have caused it.

Those 2 patches of Xenia are a HUGE nutrient sink, they suck up nitrates and phosphates like a fat man at an all-u-can-eat buffet. I have it in one of my softie tanks and that tank looks great all of the time with minimal algae. Just keep up with alk dosing or it'll melt in 12h and kill everything in the tank, been there, done that.

I use it as nutrient export. Every couple months I thin it out and throw 3/4 of it away. Better than cheato in my system.?
  • Like 1

The tanks is looking good with all the growth. I am glad that everything is coloring back up now that the lights are more to their liking, well except the dracula stag. I am sorry about it.

• Like 1

The tanks is looking good with all the growth. I am glad that everything is coloring back up now that the lights are more to their liking, well except the dracula stag. I am sorry about it.

Thanks for stopping by. Yeah, sucks about the stag but I hope to find another.
  • 2 weeks later...

Colors continue to improve to my eyes. Wish my camera skills would.

Slimer back to it's old self and growing like a weed. Only horizontal growth though, no vertical growth yet...?

QNrYmHwm.jpg

NinMwQ7m.jpg

Purple stylo with new growth tips starting to turn up.

tQWNCCKm.jpg

Bonsai getting ready to take off in multiple directions. :wub:

rOp36Ozm.jpg

przK6cFm.jpg

This guy was blue and green before the great brown out, at least the green is coming back.

h8siCGU.jpg?1

Nephthea seems happy enough with the new light

QGW6dZZ.jpg

Lots of new buds coming on the Bird finally

qnx1D9q.jpg

Caps continue to grow like mad. Will likely need to frag this again soon.

9d0O9r6.jpg

Anyone want digi frags?

ZYNzzhA.jpg

TN1BcAM.jpg

Almost forgot about the Kat which seems unfazed by it all.

BLVFYk9.jpg

• Like 1

Sun Corals looked especially happy at feeding time this morning or maybe they were just hungry?

zQftgVp.jpg

9qwgfCS.jpg?1

FrWRJqt.jpg

This guy has a very odd growth habit. Supposed to be an undata. I'm thinking not, but can anyone else ID it?

vsgAM5p.jpg

kpPWroq.jpg?1

• Like 2

Sun Corals looked especially happy at feeding time this morning or maybe they were just hungry?

zQftgVp.jpg

9qwgfCS.jpg?1

FrWRJqt.jpg

This guy has a very odd growth habit. Supposed to be an undata. I'm thinking not, but can anyone else ID it?

vsgAM5p.jpg

kpPWroq.jpg?1

The growth pattern looks really similar to a setosa, but the color doesn't! I have no idea!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Snapped a few photos while cleaning today. Everything seems to be holding steady except for two pieces that rtn'd a week or so ago for no apparent reason. stupid acros....

eAVBR4m.jpg

1bTcMO2.jpg

RBUheom.jpg

Anybody want any Idaho Grape frags?

3VqSQRS.jpg

qHB6Zq5.jpg

V5gxeJy.jpg

hPn1NRE.jpg

• Like 2

After nearly a year in the tank my Vivid Rainbow Delight is finally starting to show a color other than brown. Not the right color, but at least it's color.

1qlF11g.jpg

NECvCUc.jpg

I wish this piece would decide what color it wants to be. Pink, green , lavender? Pretty no matter what though.

D7Vmwwk.jpg

• Like 2