Pod Your Reef

Chris' custom 150

Chris!

Sorry to hear about the fish. The anthias were nice looking fish. Hope you get it figured out.

I'm thinking with them its just that they weren't eating enough, I've been neglecting alot with the tank with everything else going on around here and they were only eating mysis which isn't the most diverse or filling food. Chromis are poor tank candidates IMO anyway so I'm not gonna stress over it to much right now.... hopefully it was just coincidence that the chromis and anthias died around the same times.

congrats on the carpenter wrasse! one of my faves. got a black leopard trying to settle in now. love the wrasses!

I'd kill for a healthy black leopard... trio :wub:

• Like 1
lessergeneration

Thanks bro, you still even have a tank??

So I don't know what the hell is going on right now. Everything seemed fine, now in the last 2 days I've lost all 3 chromis, and 2 anthias :wacko: Chromis suck so I get that, the anthias have been eating but I noticed they have been looking a little pinched as they haven't been eating anything besides mysis so maybe they just starved out.... dumbasses I make plenty of food available to them lol

uhh, yes and no. I'm up at CMU and I've got that nano cube back at home, not much in the way of coral in it other than a gorgonia and a very unhappy meteor cyph. Oh, and my dad bought and put a baby niger in there without asking haha so the trigger police are prob hating but he has been in there for almost 5 months so who knows. Hopefully this summer i can get it back on track

• Like 1

you. dont. even. know.

on my second meleagris and third negrosensis. they gobble the black worms 5x/day!

I had a meleagris for like 2 yrs, got it from a friend that had it for about 2 yrs as well. That was what my recent leopard was as well, but it didn't fare well once the clowns started spawning it stopped coming out. I had a black for 2 weeks, haven't had one available locally since. I had a m/f potters pair for a little over a year and a half then the male jumped female was never right after and eventually just stopped eating and withered away. I also had an ornate for about a year before losing it (along with the original meleagris and a few other sexy fish) when my 70 split at the seam. :(

uhh, yes and no. I'm up at CMU and I've got that nano cube back at home, not much in the way of coral in it other than a gorgonia and a very unhappy meteor cyph. Oh, and my dad bought and put a baby niger in there without asking haha so the trigger police are prob hating but he has been in there for almost 5 months so who knows. Hopefully this summer i can get it back on track

CMU huh, plenty of nice strange up there enjoy :) Well when you get shit on track and are around for a bit again hit me up man I'll hook ya up with some acans or somethin..... and get that damn trigger outta there you know better lol

Chris, did your leopards show any stress in 70g? and.. are you going to try another one?

None at all. I had 4 leopards (meleagris, potters pair, ornate) and 3 fairys (solorensis female, hooded pair) and they were all good in the 70 :) Yes, but I will likely wait until fall to add anything more right now.

Just added some acros! Help me! :P

I'll check it out when I get on next. Goodluck they are highly rewarding if you can figure out how to keep them happy :)

Pics pics - we need pics!

Its neglect city right now, no pics for a while. I don't even really have time to mess with taking pics and editing and all that.... :(

• Like 1

What a fun tank. Love the dimensions on it. Would love a project like this.

I have to many projects right now, its been highly neglected lately :( Hopefully in a couple months everything will settle down, the tank will come down get moved and redone.... I'm considering going BB and finding a way to hide a few decent sized sand boxes..... we will see tho lol

Until then if anyone is interested in any LPS let me know I still have a bunch to clear out. Dont really wanna take it to the LFS right now since I really don't want to add anything anytime soon....

• Like 2

Considering BB - alright this is getting interesting . What's the plan once you move the tank- sps? mixedreef?

BB is quite appealing from many aspects. I'm not sure I can do it tho, I'm not big on the look really, and the wife isn't either.... I might end up just buying all new sand, hard to say for sure right now but it is something I have considered many times, just never been able to pull the trigger lol

It will be mixed, but I plan to start focusing on SPS after its moved and everything is stabilized... and I have time to mess with stuff.

• Like 4
  • 3 weeks later...

What's been going on? Have you moved things yet?

Nope nothings moved. Still working on wrapping up stuff on the current house to list it. Realtor said once its listed should take 2 weeks or less to sell tho so that is nice :)

Soooo, that last round of fish I got from Somethin fishy brought in something nasty, I'm thinking velvet but really not sure. It wasn't overly fast killing but I have lost all fish except 3 mollies which seem pretty much unphased. My return pump went down like a week ago and haven't even had time to unhook it and hook up one of the new ones I have sitting in the basement.... haven't cleaned glass or done anything lately.... lps look great, colors look great, guess neglect is key :lol:

• Like 2
Sk8n Reefer

Nope nothings moved. Still working on wrapping up stuff on the current house to list it. Realtor said once its listed should take 2 weeks or less to sell tho so that is nice :)

Soooo, that last round of fish I got from Somethin fishy brought in something nasty, I'm thinking velvet but really not sure. It wasn't overly fast killing but I have lost all fish except 3 mollies which seem pretty much unphased. My return pump went down like a week ago and haven't even had time to unhook it and hook up one of the new ones I have sitting in the basement.... haven't cleaned glass or done anything lately.... lps look great, colors look great, guess neglect is key :lol:

Wow- sorry about all the fish! That's great news on the house. Moving is stressful and fun all at the same time it seems.

• Like 1

Hopefully the sale goes smooth!

Thanks man so do we. I don't think it should really be a problem tho, once I get the last few projects knocked off it will be practically brand new :wacko:

Wow- sorry about all the fish! That's great news on the house. Moving is stressful and fun all at the same time it seems.

Yeah it sucks, wifes pretty bummed about losing our original clown as she was our 1st fish.... tho I am secretly happy to have finally rid the tank of the clowns..... bright spot in everything right? lol

Yeah we have moved a few times, glad to be going back to grand blanc tho thats for damn sure!!!

• Like 1

Removed 19 stumps w/ the grinder today, cleared out the landscaping and threw in some new annuals... weed barrier, edging, and mulch tomorrow. Houses siding is complete, still gotta do the garage. Oldest sons room needs quarter-round and will be complete.... got the carpet and trim out in the master bedroom hopefully get to laying the new flooring before the long weekend is done, after we paint the whole room tonight. Realtor called and said their office has 3 people looking for 1+acre willing to spend 10k more then we were originally planning to try to sell for in our area :wacko:

In tank news.....swapped out the return pumps, still need to do a good sized WC and clean the skimmer before I fully get it running again tho.... maybe tonight or tomorrow lol

• Like 5
lilmatty5dimes

Removed 19 stumps w/ the grinder today, cleared out the landscaping and threw in some new annuals... weed barrier, edging, and mulch tomorrow. Houses siding is complete, still gotta do the garage. Oldest sons room needs quarter-round and will be complete.... got the carpet and trim out in the master bedroom hopefully get to laying the new flooring before the long weekend is done, after we paint the whole room tonight. Realtor called and said their office has 3 people looking for 1+acre willing to spend 10k more then we were originally planning to try to sell for in our area :wacko:

In tank news.....swapped out the return pumps, still need to do a good sized WC and clean the skimmer before I fully get it running again tho.... maybe tonight or tomorrow lol

That's great news about the house. Get it sold.
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

How's things going Flint?

Its going lol. Been working on the house alot lately, still have a few things to finish up but it will be listed real soon :)

Tanks mostly a toxic wasteland haven't had time or desire to mess with it at all since I lost all the fish. I saw the other day when I was on my phone you had a couple pieces of rock in a dry tank.... getting there??? :)

• Like 1
Sk8n Reefer

Its going lol. Been working on the house alot lately, still have a few things to finish up but it will be listed real soon :)

Tanks mostly a toxic wasteland haven't had time or desire to mess with it at all since I lost all the fish. I saw the other day when I was on my phone you had a couple pieces of rock in a dry tank.... getting there??? :)

Ya, I hear they are looking at putting more money into Flint to start cleaning it up??

The tank is coming along, I painted the inside of the stand white, glued the joints on the stand, I have my return pump and gyre pump. I still need my sump but I've figured out the one I want and will order this week. I want the eshopps RS 75 the new model-runs extremely quiet. It has a small footprint so I will also have room for my doser and containers inside. I was thinking I needed a huge sump with refugium but I am going in another direction- smaller just to hold my skimmer and reactors etc. no refugium- I think it's 16gal. What's your thoughts on filter socks- good, bad, difficult to clean?

We have a photo shoot mid July for a retro/pin up girl calendar- they are shooting it in our Tiki Room so I might now tear the tank down till after that-should be pretty cool to see our room on a calendar. Don't really want a freshly started tank in any shots

• Like 2