Cultivated Reef

Price Drop: VorTech MP40wES now $299.99

Marine Depot

it was mentioned on r2r that they may have a new product up their sleeve as well, but I'd say it's likely mostly a response to the gyre pump.

either way, that's a pretty big price drop, and puts an mp40 back in the window of possibility for me instead of a gyre..

jedimasterben

it was mentioned on r2r that they may have a new product up their sleeve as well

Ecotech has held patents for a 'habitat controller' and a 'viewing device' since 2012-2013.

When the smaller gyre comes out maybe they'll knock down the price of the mp10 aswell. And this means everyone asking $250-$300 for their use mp40's ins't going to happen anymore.

jedimasterben

When the smaller gyre comes out maybe they'll knock down the price of the mp10 aswell. And this means everyone asking $250-$300 for their use mp40's ins't going to happen anymore.

Glad I sold mine when I did :)

"but fast laminar flow will become turbulent as soon as it encounters an irregular surface such as that of a coral" .. back to the drawing board.

jedimasterben

"but fast laminar flow will become turbulent as soon as it encounters an irregular surface such as that of a coral" .. back to the drawing board.

:huh:

I'm stuck on this turbulent flow thing.. i'm just gonna have to see it to believe it.

meanwhile, ecotech is getting some good advertising :P

Marine Depot

When the MP10 dropping too? :)

Some are speculating when the smaller Gyre is released or shortly thereafter, but we have received no indications from EcoTech that there is any truth to that rumor.

Archived