Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Are Citron Clown gobies(G.Citrinus) Sensitive to copper?

Chief Reef

Have one coming in today and i remember reading Gobies as a family are Generally regarded as sensitive to copper, but i was wondering about citron clowns, Taking about the larger yellow ones with blue streaks, i know theres quite a few different species and color variations of the similar looking smaller ones.

Anyways yeah, Plan on Dosing cupramine but wanted to know whether thats a nono, ill be observing and having him feeding for a week before i start i treatment. Just wanted to know whether id be better off Doing hypo salinity or TTM.

Have one coming in today and i remember reading Gobies as a family are Generally regarded as sensitive to copper, but i was wondering about citron clowns, Taking about the larger yellow ones with blue streaks, i know theres quite a few different species and color variations of the similar looking smaller ones.

Anyways yeah, Plan on Dosing cupramine but wanted to know whether thats a nono, ill be observing and having him feeding for a week before i start i treatment. Just wanted to know whether id be better off Doing hypo salinity or TTM.

Bit late to respond, but my citron clown goby is just rounding the first week at full dose in Cupramine and taking it like a champ. Eats like a horse and is still very active.

Bit late to respond, but my citron clown goby is just rounding the first week at full dose in Cupramine and taking it like a champ. Eats like a horse and is still very active.

This is Chief reef, new account. Couldnt take people using my name in seriousness without cringeing.

Not too late, Lil guy didnt make it due to a shipping error so i got a mated pair in today, your right on time =).

Did it have any effect on the goby's eating? im concerned about that as well as i know they are hard to get to eat initially,Speaking of which. did you have any trouble getting yours to eat? and if so how did you finally get him eating.

I've had terrible luck in the past as i just cant seem to get the eating. I've gotten these guys to take a few bites and i've seen some spitting but they're an awesome pair so i dont wanna lose them.

This is Chief reef, new account. Couldnt take people using my name in seriousness without cringeing.

Not too late, Lil guy didnt make it due to a shipping error so i got a mated pair in today, your right on time =).

Did it have any effect on the goby's eating? im concerned about that as well as i know they are hard to get to eat initially,Speaking of which. did you have any trouble getting yours to eat? and if so how did you finally get him eating.

I've had terrible luck in the past as i just cant seem to get the eating. I've gotten these guys to take a few bites and i've seen some spitting but they're an awesome pair so i dont wanna lose them.

Ahh, sorry your original guy didn't make it.

I guess I was lucky because my citron ate from day one. Flakes, frozen, doesn't matter. If it fits in his mouth he eats it :lol:

Ahh, sorry your original guy didn't make it.

I guess I was lucky because my citron ate from day one. Flakes, frozen, doesn't matter. If it fits in his mouth he eats it :lol:

Eh it happens, it wasnt on them. Bag had tiny hold and it wet they heating pads they had, Pretty cold day when they came in, you do the math lol. But they have great Customer service and i got mated pair shipped out to me for free. I see them taking little nibbles now and then so i think they're eating. just gotta stick out QT and hope for the best.

Archived