Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Tom's Airlifter Rebuild Kit

Wjcastiglione

Wjcastiglione

So, a while ago - I saw this video from BRS:

and decided when my toms aqualifter stopped working - meh, that looks pretty easy - I can rebuild a motor on a car - why can't I rebuild this airlifter and save a couple bucks?

Let me tell you guys - I don't know what your frustration is worth per hour - but the $15 I saved by trying to do this was far exceeded in my labor/frustration cost.

First: I was smart, I bought two kits for the diaphragm repair kit thinking "I'll have them on hand to rebuild again in a year or two - $3 - why not?" well thank god I did - because one of these was broken when it was shipped to me.

So then - I'm left to hodgepodge this stuff together - well, the plastic is so cheap and easy to break - I basically ended up frustrated as hell for a solid hour and a half.

Got this thing back together - no matter what I do - one side doesn't work correctly - I redid that side a dozen times - still doesn't work correctly.

Now - where does the pump land? In the garbage. and how's my pocket? empty $6 for the repair kits and my frustration is worth about $32 an hour to me ---- so, I'm -$38 and I still need to go buy a new pump.

Don't do it. Just buy a new pump.

• 3 weeks later...
Wjcastiglione

Josh Koscheck... you can always use the old pump to spar and grapple with....

That guy is clearly half black with a died white curly head and a black beard. I'm white with blonde hair and beard. Where do you see this?

Archived