Innovative Marine Aquariums

My tmc microhabitat 15

reef_world 87

reef_world 87

After selling my 300litre reef about 3 years ago and breaking my heart I have decided to set up this 3.3g pico it comes with a skimmer, built in hidden filter and and small aqua ray led light. I have ordered a series of extras to mod it and hopefully get it to perform a little better. At the moment it holds a kg of live sand 1.7kg live rock and is running with all the standard equipment ATM.

reef_world 87

I'm currently waiting to get it set up completely I'm waiting on a new heater a stinger return pump a air hose clamp for the skimmer as the adjustment wheel is pants. I know a lot of people keep a yellow clown gobie in these but I'm unsure ATM I'd love to upgrade the light and get sps coral as I only went as far as lps with my old larger reef

reef_world 87

So iv never had a nano tank before but rather than just having a pile of live rock like in my picture iv decided to break my rock into smaller bits and fix it to a frame. I have just finished making my frame instead of spending money on acrylic rods I decided to butcher a couple of coat hangers and fix it together for a frame work here is my finished frame barthe odd trim here or there.

The finished frame

post-86846-0-14923900-1420881188_thumb.jpg

post-86846-0-23544000-1420881459_thumb.jpg

Archived