Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

the amphipods tanks thread.

amphipod

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's easy man. Post a picture of your face and your ID together.... just redact your address and stuff ;)
one of my internet rules is never post selfies or face pics. This has been implied many times in my posts.

I think I need an adult... :unsure:
why what's wrong with a teen?

idk why but i imagine amphipod to look and talk like this dude http://youtu.be/C3Yd7M3JNlw'>http://youtu.be/C3Yd7M3JNlw
I look nothing like him, but my voice does actually sound very similar to his, but the grammar used is quite different.

PS I could only watch a little because my data would be devoured by the length of the video.

scottsdale454ss

Dont you have a thread somewhere talking about taking wildlife out of florida waters?

*edit* NM Found it

Why do you have bones in an aiptasia tank? Is that how you're trying to dispose of your victims?

Bones for the worms I'm guessing. A variety of species have been found feeding off whale bones in the ocean.

I had plenty of weird projects/experiments when I was young, there just wasn't much of an internet available to publish it.

Boys will be boys.

I have no bone devouring worms yet, but they can provide an awesome substrate for coraline algae, and other algae, and aiptasia.

post-84861-0-47793400-1420679623_thumb.jpgreminds me of egg shell aquarium, bryopsis algae is in there as a reservoir, its an attempt at growing coraline algae, not successful. Egg shells were crushed after having the membrane removed and spread on the bottom.

. Its not quite a god complex in my scenario, I like to see and marvel at the creatures, also keep them as one would other pets. Though I won't lie sometimes I like to see them fight, solve problems, and occasionally I do experiments. I also many times have dissected my dead pets, one time I had a millipede die and I had an electric sparker from some lighter and I was dissecting him and I put the wires at the base of the legs from the inside and they moved, it was weird.

This is great... I am truly fascinated by the OP and this thread. Please tell us more about your dissecting and experiments...

This is great... I am truly fascinated by the OP and this thread. Please tell us more about your dissecting and experiments...
we'd be talking about this so long, I've been doing this stuff for years. One that never gets old is wasp vs ant, in the summer I agitate my select ants colony, I find a wasp and place it in the nest, sometimes the wasp simply flies away but sometimes they stay and fight, they go on biting and trying to sting the ants. The escape is simply to go upwards but that occasional wasp decided to be aggressive, of course the wasp is killed and devoured. But it was weird to think even they, simple wasps have personalities, waspy aggressive personalities, still a personality.

OK, gotta admit I am completely baffled. And leaning toward, if not outright convinced, that Amphipod isn't a troll.

But I am seriously disturbed by that rabbit skull tank. Like "Wow, is this the next Ed Gein?" disturbed.

Nothing personal dude, but wowzers.

Oh, and the perpetually water logged hands too... cleaning up the viscera on a daily basis?

lol.

Sensing a god-complex. Its ok, I have one too. Most people in this hobby have it.

This is what I meant by a deep rooted cause. Its a need to control, a need to create, a potentially unknown need to destroy.

When we as a human learn to control; we become a creator, a godlike figure.

If we can encapsulate a piece of the earth in a small container, and actually nurture the process of life; we feel power, fulfillment, pleasure.

So basically a psychopath/sociopath.

Sensing a god-complex. Its ok, I have one too. Most people in this hobby have it.

This is what I meant by a deep rooted cause. Its a need to control, a need to create, a potentially unknown need to destroy.

When we as a human learn to control; we become a creator, a godlike figure.

If we can encapsulate a piece of the earth in a small container, and actually nurture the process of life; we feel power, fulfillment, pleasure.

Very interesting.... and true.

That quote would make an awesome signature.

:/.. there's a lot of weird out there in this world just so happens your sharing it on here which for what people are used to seeing is out of the ordinary, no one thinks about the people at the morgues embalming and preserving the dead.. or what about people who clean up murders and accidents dead people, or simply taxidermy, I say as long as your not truly hurting any one or going out of your way to hurt real living creatures ( besides Bugs) get on with your weird self lol

I assume that Cju84 is speaking his opinions of me.

No no, not at all. What he was describing was basically one.

I think nothing but good things of you and your threads always brighten my day!

post-84861-0-06819200-1420742253_thumb.jpghere's my gorilla crab, I'm still thinking a name for it. His last meal was a piece of trout farm feed pellet, they liked it more pics come tonight.

No no, not at all. What he was describing was basically one. I think nothing but good things of you and your threads always brighten my day!
I'm actually glad to hear that :)
charnelhouse

attachicon.gifIMG_20150106_230514.jpghere's my gorilla crab, I'm still thinking a name for it. His last meal was a piece of trout farm feed pellet, they liked it more pics come tonight.

I'm actually glad to hear that :)

Water logged hands.... just sayin'.

Archived