Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Is an Oxygen rich reef tank bad?

Admonition

I recently setup a CO2 scrubber for my tank due to fluctuating pH levels due to high CO2 in my house. It's been running a week and I've had great success in keeping my pH between 8.2 and 8.1 throughout the day to night swings (from a 7.6-7.8).

My question is, is it bad for my reef tank? Is a simple BRS CO2 scrubber with a lime wood airstone hooked up to a Tetra Whisper 150 Pump adding too much Oxygen into the tank? I haven't seen anything negative with my corals to make me question this, I was simply curious.

I recently setup a CO2 scrubber for my tank due to fluctuating pH levels due to high CO2 in my house. It's been running a week and I've had great success in keeping my pH between 8.2 and 8.1 throughout the day to night swings (from a 7.6-7.8).

My question is, is it bad for my reef tank? Is a simple BRS CO2 scrubber with a lime wood airstone hooked up to a Tetra Whisper 150 Pump adding too much Oxygen into the tank? I haven't seen anything negative with my corals to make me question this, I was simply curious.

Agreed with rehype. If it is simple aeration, you aren't going to add too much oxygen, anyway. You'll barely even reach saturation, which is a good thing.

Archived