Cultivated Reef

Amphipods monster help wanted

amphipod

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4 plus pages and no one's come up with a Coelacanth yet?

They ain't extinct yet, but they're suppose to be.

coelacanth.jpg

4 plus pages and no one's come up with a Coelacanth yet?

They ain't extinct yet, but they're suppose to be.

coelacanth.jpg

they had to be an excellent design to withstand all those years and extinction events lol

Sorry. I put in my two cents. That shark with the spiral mouth would be pretty badass. I will have to do a google search to find its proper name. I still don't think the artists have figured it out right. Just looks way too weird

Helicoprion. Seems like a pretty impractical mouth design though

500px-Helicoprion_Bessonovi2.jpg

I have a number of pretty sea fossils, any of the creatures that inhabited them would have been great. The drawing below has some examples which would have been fun. I forget the name of the long one, it might be a nautiloid - Orthoceras. I found that was as a child in etobicoke creek. it would have to be a big tank if I included the shark that once owned those teeth. - yeah I drew this.

fossils.jpg

Sorry. I put in my two cents. That shark with the spiral mouth would be pretty badass. I will have to do a google search to find its proper name. I still don't think the artists have figured it out right. Just looks way too weird

Helicoprion. Seems like a pretty impractical mouth design though

500px-Helicoprion_Bessonovi2.jpg

I always wondered of the use of that also, maybe for scraping? maybe a display? it seems inconvenient lol

I have a number of pretty sea fossils, any of the creatures that inhabited them would have been great. The drawing below has some examples which would have been fun. I forget the name of the long one, it might be a nautiloid - Orthoceras. I found that was as a child in etobicoke creek. it would have to be a big tank if I included the shark that once owned those teeth. - yeah I drew this.

fossils.jpg

:D awesome job drawing. I like the brachiopods also, cool how they were the clams before clams.

sarcoprion was a really odd one also in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
ReeferReefer

I'd get chrinoids for sure. Some Devonian trilobites, jawless fish and amonoids too.

Sea scorpian too

Wanted to go see it at the drive in if its still playing , how have you been?

I been all right, finishing my prescription of amoxicillin this Friday. How have you been?

I'd get chrinoids for sure. Some Devonian trilobites, jawless fish and amonoids too.Sea scorpian too

now were talking :D don't forget a nice bunch of rudists, they sure were a shellfish bunch.
Markburns43

Ah been good amphipod, justnstaying busy working , what's the amoxicillin fornive heard of it its a antibiotic?

• 3 weeks later...

Ah been good amphipod, justnstaying busy working , what's the amoxicillin fornive heard of it its a antibiotic?

oops, sorry I missed your post.

The amoxicillin was an antibiotic for an ear infection I had.

What job do you have?

Its okay, i work for a heating and airconditioning company.

oh my gosh lol, that's so coincidental, my dad owns a small HVAC business. How do you like the work is the better question?
Markburns43

Been doing it now for 8 years and i like it, allways changing through the seasons, deliver oil, annual heating system cleanings service installation, ac service, ac installation , new house installation all ways something for us to do.

Too bad my dad doesn't get employees like you lol.

I personally don't like that sort of work, but everyone has different work tastes.

hey, anybody have experience with skull/bone biomechanics. I was doodling yesterday and I combines the traits of several animals to make a skull and I was wondering is this skull design even feasible for a bone crushing bite? any comments would be nice:)

2015-07-30.jpg

natalia_la_loca

hey, anybody have experience with skull/bone biomechanics. I was doodling yesterday and I combines the traits of several animals to make a skull and I was wondering is this skull design even feasible for a bone crushing bite? any comments would be nice:)

I'm not an expert by any means, but I think it might. You gave it a large temporal opening that could make for a strong bite. This would be a very odd beast...it looks like a synapsid pterosaur.

I'm not an expert by any means, but I think it might. You gave it a large temporal opening that could make for a strong bite. This would be a very odd beast...it looks like a synapsid pterosaur.

good eye, I combined assorted traits of coloborhynchus, beaver, garjania, canis, and the common rat, proof checked using moasasaurus, tyrannosaurus, and several other skulls to get an idea for musculature and design needed for durability. I might go ahead and draw the rest the beast if the skull is feasible.

natalia_la_loca

On second thought, I don't think that dentition would be good for bone crushing. It seems better suited to grabbing and holding on to smaller animals, or maybe ripping/rolling like a crocodile.

When I think of jaws/teeth that are really well suited for crushing bones, this terrifying creature comes to mind:

19552844573_192083809b_z_d.jpg

Archived