Pod Your Reef

Amphipods monster help wanted

amphipod

There were some awesome bivalves back then as well
those rudists were cool. I'd bet they'd be aquarists favorite, they presumably wouldn't have any stinging ability, so wouldn't be damaging to other livestock, also their column growth could allow many fish and inverts hiding spots with relative safety.
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bacteria exist in our tanks. They are prehistoric. They're really old.
true also any other wild living existence is. By definition prehistoric, all before written history. I'm looking for extinct, we need to use our imaginations.

Horse shoe crabs are living fossils (something in the 450 million year mostly unchanged range.) . I'm not saying you should keep one, but it's a fact. Sponges are even older. Should you feed them gravy in an unheated tank aquascaped with the bones of rodents and felines? Probably not.

i had a fist year earth science GA and he did alot of research into fossilization etc. mainly minerals and rocks but he did alot of his research on [fossilized?] trilobites, he showed us pictures of specimens he collected where they would "orgy" and then be buried for eternity until he would dig them up. interesting

natalia_la_loca

I've always thought diplocaulus were cute. kind of like a hammerhead axolotl. Not huge, but too big for a nano.

Hexagonaria percarinata (petoskey stones) look like they might have been kind of similar to acans or micromussa.

Be careful picking out your trilobites...bet some of them were temperamental. The gorilla crabs of the ordovician.

I've always thought diplocaulus were cute. kind of like a hammerhead axolotl. Not huge, but too big for a nano.

Hexagonaria percarinata (petoskey stones) look like they might have been kind of similar to acans or micromussa.

Be careful picking out your trilobites...bet some of them were temperamental. The gorilla crabs of the ordovician.

maybe a very large aquarium would suffice for diplocaulus pair. You are probably right about hexagonaria as a whole. Also lol gorilla trilobite's hide in your setup and destroy everything.Proteus and phacops probably would be destructive, built like a tank also.

Archived