Coral Vue Hydros

I have returned! 75 AGA reef

HeyLookItsCaps

HeyLookItsCaps

after my tank fell apart while on vacation I really lost a lot of motivation to continue.

after a few years away i am finally setting up a new tank. 75G AGA with 2 175 halides and LED. I will post pictures soon.

I am also re setting up my bc29 as a show tank.

Hope to see some old faces and meet plenty of new ones. I would rather have a large tank on this forum than be anywhere else

heres a link to my old tank when it won TOTM 4 years ago

http://www.nano-reef.com/featured/_/2010/heylookitscaps-r32

HeyLookItsCaps

moved from OC to San Diego! From what I hear San Diego has some pretty good shops. Ill tell you this much though, the idea of "plumbing" was new for me. I felt like such an idiot trying to figure out what goes where. spoiled by AIO's I guess. Got a good job down here managing a construction company, but thats about it. How have you been fellas. I remember both of you well!

Welcome back, looking forward to see a tank, any tank.

Hope to see some old faces and meet plenty of new ones. I would rather have a large tank on this forum than be anywhere else

I agree with that! :)

Too true. Welcome back.

HeyLookItsCaps

IMG_2455_zps113aee76.jpg

after I got it inside and setup where I liked it. Penny thinks she helped.

IMG_2462_zpsc7ab2b29.jpg

semi open halide hood. going to add LEDs in the next month or so

IMG_2467_zps246c7fff.jpg

sump/refugium. sump with skimmer on the right and refugium on the left that both collect in the middle to return to display

IMG_2468_zpsce4140bb.jpg

thank god it holds water

IMG_2469_zps92fcac4e.jpg

whole setup showing display and sump + 1940s ballasts

IMG_2472_zps0293d977.jpg

the fog of war. day one. 100 lbs live rock, 80 lbs sand, chaeto in the refugium.

HeyLookItsCaps

10915347_10200112927583198_8418536994991

day two were getting a little clearer. My return pump is underpowered so im not getting much skim. will need to upgrade from this 700gph Mag Drive soon.

HeyLookItsCaps

how low of a flow should i have through my refugium? it was so slow it was almost stagnant so i put a bubble type power head int here to stir stuff around.... was this a bad idea?

question for you guys. should i keep the light on my refugium/chaeto even though its dark cycling?

Yep

how low of a flow should i have through my refugium? it was so slow it was almost stagnant so i put a bubble type power head int here to stir stuff around.... was this a bad idea?

Its ideal if you can have a good amount flow passing through the cheato. So adding the powerhead was a great idea as it will only make the cheato more efficient at exporting nutrients.

HeyLookItsCaps

found 15 or so aiptasia with a flashlight during my dark cycle. ive used joes juice in the past but i was curious what you guys would recommend to nip it in the bud before its a problem

CronicReefer

I use aiptasia x. Costs about $15 and does not effect water chemistry. Just make sure you turn all water flow off for about 15min after use

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

From your last tank I’m interested to see how this progresses. I just purchased a 75, so I’m looking forward to see how you cycle your tank.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived