SaltCritters.com

Spec V Build - Beginner Style!

Texag12

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

btw just caught my peppermint shrimp eating another one of my acans, time for him to go

Peppermint is officially gone. Swapped him at the LFS for 3 netrite's and 1 cerith.

I am 100% convinced it was my peppermint shrimp screwing with the Acans. I won't be getting another one... check out the recovery already (I am pretty shocked):

IMG_2266_zps0aa3b82f.jpg

IMG_2268_zpsaae70200.jpg

My green acan on the left I. The above pic has a head with two mouths... Sounds like it should be splitting soon... Pretty stoked about that!

I had a snail lay eggs on my glass today.

Everything is looking great as the shrimp is gone, but I replaced him with a small clown that my wife picked out. He is swimming around nicely.

Now it's time to start adding in coral for height and swaying affects. Any suggestions for corals and places to buy them?

I am on a wait list withy lfs for either a hectors goby or a rainford goby depending on which they get in first

sad day and my first fish loss... I purchased a clown 2 days ago and today found him dead stuck under one of my live rocks. It looked like he swam under it, got stuck, and died there :(

• 2 weeks later...

hey all any protein skimmer recommendations? I've started to notice the film that appears on top of the water. Tank is going good, just coral and inverts at the moment. No new corals have been added.

• 2 weeks later...

i think im seeing baby pulsing xenia popping up on one of my liverocks, hard to tell. Purplish whit color and flinches when i go near it.

My favorite acan frag is receeding too and im not sure why. Not enough flow maybe? The acan its next to is doing fine

Archived