• Fire and Ice Zoas
  • Unknown Green Zoas
  • Unknown Blue Zoas

Chemicals

• Red Sea Blue Bucket
  • ESV B-Ionic 2 Part
  • Rox Carbon
  • BRS GFO

I ordered 20lbs of prime cuts from Marcos, mix of single and double sided. I also got a small bucket of the e-Marco 400, threaded rod, and a drill bit. I'm thinking something on the lines of breaking the two double sided pieces and making a tower with shelves about 10" high with a couple of pieces on the bottom. I'm probably going to order 10lbs of gulf rock from KP and mix and match. I won't be putting 30lbs in there though, The left overs will go in the sump.

177.jpg

Dude sick man finy should have my build thread up also

What return pump did you go with??

The Tunze 1073.020. I thought about the Sicce 2.0 but scoured the internet and couldn't find a single person using one so I'm sticking with what I know will work.

This has been in planning for months now. I originally ordered the tank on October 9th. It was almost delivered the first week of December but UPS decided to smash it instead. But since Chris is awesome he is building me a replacement that I hope to have in a couple more weeks. I'm planning on having everything set and ready to go so that when it gets here I just need to set it in place and fill it. I have all of the equipment except for the return pump but that will get ordered this weekend.

Rough pic of the rough stand. I will be finishing it this coming weekend. It is loosely based on NorthGaHillbillys stand and will feature a built in electrical panel on the left side. My craftsmanship isn't nearly as good as his but that's what wood filler and paint are for.
174.jpg
Closer pic of the Trigger sump and skimmer. The Trigger sump really is a well put together piece of equipment and the 9.5" fixed skimmer section perfectly matches the ideal water level of 9.5" for the skimmer.
175-1.jpg
Box of equipment. I have been collecting stuff for a couple of months now.
176.jpg

Moving this down here to clean up the first post.

Spent all day today configuring the Apex for wireless. HUGE pita. I think it's good to go now though. I am going to leave it running monitoring temp and ph my other tank until it's time to set up the new one so I can tweak it and get to know it so to speak.

I used a sicce 2.0 on my IM nuvo 38, but it was an AIO, not a sump system. As far as the pump goes, I loved it. Very silent and great flow, but again, the water only had to travel about a foot from the bottom of the tank to the top. :-)

I ordered the rest of my equipment today including the pump and the VDM. Now it's just a matter of finishing the stand this weekend and working on my scape. Oh and that pesky no tank detail.

My morning project, hanging the light. I put my sump on the stand to give some perspective because the tank is pretty much the same size just one inch shorter.

002-12.jpg

I went up through the drop ceiling and down the wall through a raceway. It is set at 12" above but I have the ability to raise or lower it. I will tighten up the wires once I'm sure on the height.

004-14.jpg

Stand is finished and painted. That yellow is bright like the sun but my wife assures me it matches the furniture in the living room. We have a dark blue sofa and a lazy boy the same color as the inside of the stand.

003-17.jpg

Electronics section. Everything has a drip loop and it's mostly isolated. There is a hole up top and at the bottom for cords. I caulked the whole thing for extra protection.

004-15.jpg

Also added a work light operated by a wall switch inside the electrical box.

005-10.jpg

I have everything now except for the tank. Chris emailed me the other day and said his supplier was still down. He was going to cut the glass himself in house and take it somewhere else for polishing. Hopefully just a couple more weeks until it ships.

Next week I will work on the aquascape.

Got word today from PicO that my tank has been assembled and is in the curing process. Should ship next week! omgomgomg

looking like a nice build, lots of gizmos stuffed in there.. dunno bout the yellow though :unsure:

I like the yellow. Yours is like the opposite of my cabinet. I have grey outside yellow inside.

Nice! Following.

I have to agree with Jay, im really digging the yellow stand. its Unique

Very nice, everything looks awesome. Looking forward to seeing the tank set up.

Thanks!

Thanks everyone.

I'm surprised chris doesn't cut his own glass and cut out the middle man.. any ETA given on the tank?

It's the polishing that is a problem. He doesn't have one and his regular suppliers is broken. Tank will ship sometime next week.

Archived