Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Making RO/DI in laundry room with laundry smell ok?

skp

Hi,

I plan to run my ro/di setup in my laundry room for making top off water and new salt water. My reason is that I want to just use a faucet adapter for my incoming water line and the laundry room sink faucet is the only one that fits and also I want to place my bucket in my laundry room sink so that I don't make a flood if I forget.

My laundry room stinks like detergent and fabric softener. Will this smell get into my ro/di water or my unit? when my unit goes offline, some of the water drains out of it so I can assume that the air in my laundry room will come in contact with the filters. Also, isn't new ro/di water very volatile where it can suck in free floating ions from the air?

I know a lot of people have their filter setups in their laundry rooms so it must be ok but does anyone know the science behind why it is ok if it is?

Thanks!

Mine has been in the laundry area for 15 years and never been an issue. The Rubbermaid ATO can is over 6 years old, only been completely drained and cleaned twice and the TDS is still 0.

Same here.. I've been making water in there for about a year. No signs of any issues. I fill the containers in the sink. Probably saved more than a dozen potential floods.. lol

Archived