SaltCritters.com

DC'sVEINTE: Golden Fuzzy?

DCUEVAS74

Could not stay away for long. Just received this Fusion 20 from MD and Dave is working on a fixture to boot!

Hardware:

Fusion 20g

Nanobox Hybrid (ATI Blue Plus & Purple Plus)

Apex Lite w/temp & ph probe

MJ 1200 Pump

IM Spin Streams X 2

IM Media Baskets

Tunze Controllable Nano Stream 6040

Vertex Simplex Nano Mag Cleaner

Fuji Pink Arag Substrate

Inhabitants:

Golden Dwarf Lion

Small Conch

Corals:

Compiling the list

FTS 6.10

95b83cb9-ebf3-4c0d-be8b-6d4951bb8ae9_zps

FTS 1.1.2015

FullSizeRender.jpg

I hear ya! I ordered mine on 12/20 and its not supposed to arrive until 1/5! I can't wait that long!

I'm chompin' at the bit already. I'm going on the hunt today at the LFS for some live rock pieces. We'll see if that tides me over for a day or two!

Tank came earlier than expected. I decided to go with all live rock instead of dry rock this time. Been a while so I tried to find some choice pieces for the scape. I have to say I am pretty impressed with this setup. Nice dimensions, glass and uber quiet! Cannot wait to see what it looks like with one of Dave's Duos atop.

IMG_0577.jpg

IMG_0580.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

Awwwwww snap! Glad to see your back bro and that's a beautiful setup.

Thanks E! Can't wait for the fixture to arrive and get some color in there! Kudos on your edge buddy! It is pretty sic!

This does look like a great start.

Danke! Nice to have a tank up and running again. Missed it.

Thanks E! Can't wait for the fixture to arrive and get some color in there! Kudos on your edge buddy! It is pretty sic!

Thanks bud

• 2 weeks later...

Nice. Following.

Danke! Good luck with the GSP on your back wall. Always like that when it fills out!

Hoping to get one of these up and running soon.

Tagging along to see what you do with it.

I like your scape!

Thanks! I have to say it's the first time I have ever set one up without messing with the scape for days!

Looks like IM is the current popular choice. I too received a 20 for Christmas. Great start!

That it is! Good luck with yours. Love the dimensions on these. Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Looks like a nice start - I like the scape! I'm guessing from your PM that you've gotten the Nanobox in. Any updates?

• 1 month later...

Looks like a nice start - I like the scape! I'm guessing from your PM that you've gotten the Nanobox in. Any updates?

I did but there was an issue that was taken care of and the light just came in. I just got back from vacation and will post pics once I get it up and running. Thanks for checking in!

vaca.jpg

Cool scape. Will follow your progress.

Thanks, I kinda got overwhelmed with school, baby and fam this semester and just finished. I will get some updates up pretty soon now that the light is here.

• 2 weeks later...

Dave has done it again! Initially I had ordered a Duo but the fan did not work. Dave was awesome as usual and I went ahead and upgraded anyways with a Hybrid. Glad I did! The fixture is pure sexiness and worth the wait. I had the Duo over the tank on less than 50% while I waited on the Hybrid. Needless to say the corals were not happy at all. I've had the light up for about a week or so and they all seem to be bouncing back! If you are considering ordering the Duo or Hybrid, my vote is Hybrid! Thanks again D!

Awesome packaging Dave!

cb7ceae3-3229-42b2-a9f6-ee85f6d43687_zps

Changed the scape a bit to allow more room for future growth and coral placement

95b83cb9-ebf3-4c0d-be8b-6d4951bb8ae9_zps

Currently still acclimating the corals to the new light

f6cc7bb9-e57c-4d81-8d7f-9789e42a5048_zps

Super slim profile, thinking about calling on Chris @ Pico to see if he can work up a better lid.

7733c81f-1842-4cab-9329-282eefbc4d4d_zps

Dam. Now im thinking about a hybrid and i barely got my dou hahha. Looks great man

Right? No worries, any of Dave's fixtures are great. Corals love em' all! Thanks!

Damn it. Now that I see how perfect the hybrid fits over a 20....

Really does fit perfectly although I am not thinking about going with a 30g Deep Blue for some extra depth... DoH :blink:

Archived