Cultivated Reef

APLATN13's IM Fusion Micro 30L Build - Aquascape In Progress Page 4

APLATN13

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So today my friend called Michael at Aquarium Specialty and he said it is shipping out today with tracking number. So we are waiting on tracking number but nothing yet.... So basically almost 2 weeks and nothing...

I use the Pohl's CV on my tank, I'm not really sure how worth it is to do the FULL system on such a small tank. Maybe just the dropper system.

This is on sale right now at BRS for pretty cheap. It's small bottles, so you can run it for a month or so, and see how you like the system.

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/korallen-zucht-nano-power-package.html

I just picked up the Nano Power Pack, 2 Part Dose CAL and ALK, and HC GFO. We will see how this work out :D I am pretty excited to try out the Zeo Stuff. I am still debating to do the ZEOvit Rocks and to make it a full system. Anyone has experience in this and have some info please enlighten me!

My 2 XR15w Pro came in yesterday

post-85692-0-49759400-1420775140_thumb.jpg

Also got 25g worth of Saltwater

post-85692-0-38558400-1420775143_thumb.jpg

So hopefully, I get my stand before Wednesday of next week so I can set it all up before I go to Denver for a Boarding Trip.

-Anthony

So today my friend called Michael at Aquarium Specialty and he said it is shipping out today with tracking number. So we are waiting on tracking number but nothing yet.... So basically almost 2 weeks and nothing...

I just picked up the Nano Power Pack, 2 Part Dose CAL and ALK, and HC GFO. We will see how this work out :D I am pretty excited to try out the Zeo Stuff. I am still debating to do the ZEOvit Rocks and to make it a full system. Anyone has experience in this and have some info please enlighten me!

My 2 XR15w Pro came in yesterday

attachicon.gif2015-01-08 (2).jpg

Also got 25g worth of Saltwater

attachicon.gif2015-01-08 (3).jpg

So hopefully, I get my stand before Wednesday of next week so I can set it all up before I go to Denver for a Boarding Trip.

-Anthony

You could probably get away with running some stones in a small IM Reactor? I donno, i would stick with just the additives.

I definitely agree on just the additives. Unless you're going like PURE SPS, but otherwise just the drops!

This guy doesn't use a Zeovit reactor, just the additives. He uses the full line, I have always loved this guy tank, BEAUTIFUL!

http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/member-tanks/95851-island-reef.html

Check out his colors and growth!

I also like this guys tank a lot, he uses a reactor but it's a slightly bigger tank and is super SPS dominated. This is his schedule:

Dosing/Maintenance Schedule

Feeding

• NLS Pellets daily
  • PE Mysis Rinsed and Soaked in Selcon 2-3x weekly

Daily

• 0.13 ml K-Z ZEOStart x 2 daily (total of 0.26 ml)
  • 7ml Ca, 7ml Alk, 7 ml Mg (BRS Two Part)

Every other day

• 2 Drops of K-Z Sponge Power (alternating days with Bak)
  • 1 Tsp Brightwell Potassion

Intermittent

• 3 Drops of K-Z CV 3x weekly
  • 3 Drops of K-Z PIF 3x weekly
  • 2 Drops of K-Z ZeoBak 2x weekly (Every other day for two weeks after ZeoLite Exchange)
  • 2 ml K-Z Coral Snow 2x weekly
  • 2 Drops of K-Z BioMate 2x weekly
  • 2 Drops of K-Z Cyano Clean 1x weekly
  • 2 Capful of Brightwell Strontion 1x weekly

Maintenance

• 10% water change weekly (Vacuum sand bed bi-weekly)
  • Change Filter Floss weekly
  • 250 ml of ESV Activated Carbon in media bag changed every 30 days
  • 500 ml K-Z ZeoLite in Vertex Reactor running 60 g/h change 90% every 8 weeks
  • Blast Rocks w/ Turkey Baster (Several times weekly

This is his build:

http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/member-tanks/165100-aj_tsins-47g-shallow-rimless.html

Well, still no trackong number as promised from Aquarium Specialty...

I definitely agree on just the additives. Unless you're going like PURE SPS, but otherwise just the drops!

This guy doesn't use a Zeovit reactor, just the additives. He uses the full line, I have always loved this guy tank, BEAUTIFUL!

http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/member-tanks/95851-island-reef.html

Check out his colors and growth!

That is pretty epic! I might dosing only and not do the rocks. Seems like a headache to do rocks...

I have mostly LPS ATM and only 1 SPS...

Why I had a hard time weighting the options going full ZEOvit system.

-Anthony

Well, still no trackong number as promised from Aquarium Specialty...

That is pretty epic! I might dosing only and not do the rocks. Seems like a headache to do rocks...

I have mostly LPS ATM and only 1 SPS...

Why I had a hard time weighting the options going full ZEOvit system.

-Anthony

Good luck :D Stoked to see this thing set up! I still am considering what I'm going to do. I was considering getting rid of the Scoly, my tank is so small and my clowns are constantly putting sand all over it which I've read is bad for their health. Still dunno though.

Also, Aquarium Specialty was great with me. I'd call them!

Good luck :D Stoked to see this thing set up! I still am considering what I'm going to do. I was considering getting rid of the Scoly, my tank is so small and my clowns are constantly putting sand all over it which I've read is bad for their health. Still dunno though.

Also, Aquarium Specialty was great with me. I'd call them!

Called back today! Michael said he gonna forward tracking soon and we asked could we return the skimmate and exchange for something else. He said ok :)

Called back today! Michael said he gonna forward tracking soon and we asked could we return the skimmate and exchange for something else. He said ok :)

Hell yeah! Good stuff!

Hell yeah! Good stuff!

So, I'm looking at some Dry Rock. Marco or BioTek? I really want to go Vida-Rock but peices they have right now is ehhhh...

So, I'm looking at some Dry Rock. Marco or BioTek? I really want to go Vida-Rock but peices they have right now is ehhhh...
Some food for thought if you try going with Vida directly. I tried working with Vida, terrible company with lots of false dates and never deliver. Aquarium specialty dropped them for the same reason. Sad because they make a great product.

Hell yeah! Good stuff!
Your signature is going to give me a nightmare. Lol

Some food for thought if you try going with Vida directly. I tried working with Vida, terrible company with lots of false dates and never deliver. Aquarium specialty dropped them for the same reason. Sad because they make a great product.

I am dealing with Merrit @ AQUA-TECTURE. They suppose to get a shipment ending of this month. Stuff he showing me is what he have instock. Stuff he has ATM is pico branches. I will upload some pics of what he has for my tank...

Might just stick with Marco or Bio-Tek dry rock as there is a lot of pores for pods to hide. As I would like to get a pair Green/Blue Mandarin. :)

I'm starting to think you're just making all of us anxious and excited for your tank to be setup LOL

Why wouldn't you be? No corners is being cut... :D

paradizecityz

Man, they all look nice. I'm liking the one from marcorock a little more though but thats my opinion. I'm also looking for live rock but just 1 piece...slowly trying to find the perfect one :)

This is what Aqua-Tecture sent me...

attachicon.gif1.jpg

attachicon.gif2.jpg

attachicon.gif3.jpg

I am still debating that or these dry rock below

http://www.marcorocks.com/dry-rock/25-pound-box-key-largo-rock/

or

http://www.aquariumspecialty.com/biotek-marine-dry-reef-rock

-Anthony

I don't think aquascape matters much when it comes to homes for fish, especially a mandarin. Buy rock that's super porous so you have a nice home for pods. I would do the aquascape to have a lot of hiding spots, but still be good for coral placement.

I don't think aquascape matters much when it comes to homes for fish, especially a mandarin. Buy rock that's super porous so you have a nice home for pods. I would do the aquascape to have a lot of hiding spots, but still be good for coral placement.

Yeah, I just emailed Marco Rock to see what they can come up for me as for design. Think I will be placing order soon with them :)

Now I have 130 credit with Aquarium Specialty and idk what to buy

-Anthony

Archived