Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

APLATN13's IM Fusion Micro 30L Build - Aquascape In Progress Page 4

APLATN13

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha, too bad it's not like cars where we can bring out tanks and "show off" in person!

like cars and coffee? haha that would be neat...

Mini Nano-Reef Meetup? lol...

Pick me up if i fly in? hehe

Your set up is going to be absolutely amazing with such high end equipment!!! Sucks about all of your issues with the stand, I hate waiting!

I'm in love with your scolys, as you know I have a nice bleeding apple but have always wanted a nice warpaint or master scoly!

The only advice I could give you is, make sure once you fill it you check for bowing on the front glass. The 30L is known for having some slight bowing issues, if it is, decide it you're comfortable with the severity, if you aren't I would contact IM immediately. While the fusion tanks are awesome, bowing has always scared me!

It seems you're on the path for a great tank with a frag tank and all your super high end equipment, I'm sure this will be a beautiful tank once yyou get it all established! Good luck!

Your set up is going to be absolutely amazing with such high end equipment!!! Sucks about all of your issues with the stand, I hate waiting!

I'm in love with your scolys, as you know I have a nice bleeding apple but have always wanted a nice warpaint or master scoly!

The only advice I could give you is, make sure once you fill it you check for bowing on the front glass. The 30L is known for having some slight bowing issues, if it is, decide it you're comfortable with the severity, if you aren't I would contact IM immediately. While the fusion tanks are awesome, bowing has always scared me!

It seems you're on the path for a great tank with a frag tank and all your super high end equipment, I'm sure this will be a beautiful tank once yyou get it all established! Good luck!

You have got to be kidding me, I just got this 30L as a replacement for a cracked Nuvo 24.

You have got to be kidding me, I just got this 30L as a replacement for a cracked Nuvo 24.

Only one person has reported the bow, but I have yet to see it myself. I will check on it when I start filling up my tank and will update in that subject! This thread will be very detailed like my build threads on cars hehe :)

paradizecityz

I, too, have heard about the bowing but also read from people that it's normal in these types of tanks, but I forgot the term they used... :(

I, too, have heard about the bowing but also read from people that it's normal in these types of tanks, but I forgot the term they used... :(

Its rimless and as long its not crazy bow it will be fine...

It is harder to not have a bow unless they use really thick glass on the long version tanks. Since, IM said they are using 8mm and low iron glass. We should be ok. Hopefully, we dont hear or have any issue of our own.

paradizecityz

Its rimless and as long its not crazy bow it will be fine...

It is harder to not have a bow unless they use really thick glass on the long version tanks. Since, IM said they are using 8mm and low iron glass. We should be ok. Hopefully, we dont hear or have any issue of our own.

I think that's the word! LOL

Is the midsize skimmer recommended over the desktop one for the Fusion 30L?

I am using mid-size skimmer but a desktop reactor with a minor mod. It will be documented once I have the stand!!! Lol

I'm still skimmerless.. On small tanks I really do prefer skimmerless because I get the best growth out of my softies and LPS with a "dirty" system. I run a reactor with carbon, and put filter floss in all of the chambers on that shitty IM media basket.

I do weekly water changes of 10-20% depending on how heavy feeding was that week.

I have no advice. I am still a newbie and have no clue what I am doing. lol But did want to comment. Going to watch this thread and hope for a ton of pictures.

I'm still skimmerless.. On small tanks I really do prefer skimmerless because I get the best growth out of my softies and LPS with a "dirty" system. I run a reactor with carbon, and put filter floss in all of the chambers on that shitty IM media basket.

I do weekly water changes of 10-20% depending on how heavy feeding was that week.

If you are only keeping softies and LPS water changes will be just fine.

How do you put the filter floss on the chambers? If you don't mind can you explain in more detail and with photos.

I don't plan on buying a skimmer for a few months. Going to get the auto top off first.

How do you put the filter floss on the chambers? If you don't mind can you explain in more detail and with photos.

I don't plan on buying a skimmer for a few months. Going to get the auto top off first.

Just cut floss to size and stick it in basket. Also, I have IM skim mate fs. So lmk :)

I documented the bowing on another thread someone had made regarding the issue and provided measurements. The bowing is very slight in the middle. I spoke with a rep from IM and he stated that this is normal and the majority of the water weight will be held in place by the glass that makes up the bottom half of the rear wall. He stated that they have done much testing and have not had the rear wall fail, especially after the issue with the curved glass tank....

If you are only keeping softies and LPS water changes will be just fine.

I have 3 SPS frags, that grow quickly, have good coloration, and PE. Still light on the SPS side, but if you're going SPS dominate definitely go with a skimmer :D

Just cut some up, slide one of the walls off the basket and fill it. :D

Just saw that you had the Tunze Nano 3152 ATO in your build and bought the same.

Can't go wrong with that ATO, I love that system man!

A system this small, I would consider just running a ZEO system of additives, Coral Vitalizer, Phols Extra, Sponge Power, Amino Acids, etc. You could grab a,"Nano Pack" and try it out for around 40.00 I think. A full system probaly would be overkill, depending on what kind of reef you plan to keep. Although, you do have space inside that stand to go crazy :naughtydance:

Anyone have thoughts on ZEOvit system? Thinking about adding to my new build but not sure....

I thought about it on mine, problem was finding a reactor for the stones.

Archived