Innovative Marine Aquariums

Ocean Revive Arctic-T247

Seth fhy

I ordered some, but bought a light locally before they came. The customer service was great when I cancelled my order. I read a bunch of reviews on them, and they seemed decent enough. It is in the same category as the Chinese leds, but I say go for it.

It might be worth it to look around for a used fixture though. There are usually a ton of great deals if you look through all the different forums and stalk craigslist. if you haven't already, join your local reef clubs and ask if anybody has a light for sale.

I just ordered these lights for my Red Sea Max after reading good reviews on them. For $148 shipped I figured I'd give them a go.

Now I need to figure out if I want to retrofit them into the hood or hang them. Btw they come with a hanging kit.

I bought one a couple weeks ago ......just because. Not sure long run, but in the past 2 weeks all Z and P's and LPS and rock nems have shown great color and are nice and puffy. Pretty sure SPS would be fine right below it. Mines hung above a 40b about 12" above the rim. Running at 20% blue and 5% white for acclimation.

I bought one a couple weeks ago ......just because. Not sure long run, but in the past 2 weeks all Z and P's and LPS and rock nems have shown great color and are nice and puffy. Pretty sure SPS would be fine right below it. Mines hung above a 40b about 12" above the rim. Running at 20% blue and 5% white for acclimation.

Can you post some pics of your light and setup?

Can you post some pics of your light and setup?

Here's the far right end of the tank. Plenty of light for the LPS. On the other side of the tank I have a large structure that rises to the waterline....the backside of the structure is a little dim due to the rock blocking the light. I think that SPS would not be a problem in the center of the tank....but buy two units if you want SPS everywhere in the tank. I've only run this thing for a few weeks....so who knows long term. So far, it's worth the $148 dropped at my door in two days.

37d3771b-4784-48bd-b72c-3096e44fdf97.jpg

Here's the far right end of the tank. Plenty of light for the LPS. On the other side of the tank I have a large structure that rises to the waterline....the backside of the structure is a little dim due to the rock blocking the light. I think that SPS would not be a problem in the center of the tank....but buy two units if you want SPS everywhere in the tank. I've only run this thing for a few weeks....so who knows long term. So far, it's worth the $148 dropped at my door in two days.

37d3771b-4784-48bd-b72c-3096e44fdf97.jpg

Wow nice coral!! I ordered the light, hoping for the best! Thank you! Any more pics would be awesome!

I've got one and love it, had it over my tank for 6 months now, everything has been growing fine, blues are dialed down to 47% and white/fullspectrum is at 17%. I can post some pics tomorrow when I'm home.

I've got one and love it, had it over my tank for 6 months now, everything has been growing fine, blues are dialed down to 47% and white/fullspectrum is at 17%. I can post some pics tomorrow when I'm home.

The light is out for delivery today so I'm pretty exited, and if you have a chance please post some pics, thanks

I get mine tomorrow. Had to wait almost a week :(

I just got mine and I'm setting it up right now! I'm still trying to figure out what percentages to put it at!

Best advice as far as percentages goes is find a color you like from max settings then get the ratios of the channels output settings (i.e. 75% White to 100% blue is a 3:4 ratio) and then tune down to ~25% max. If the coral is still upset then tune lower if it's fine after a week bring the light up slowly (>5% at a time) until desired brightness or the corals stop being happy with the intensity (in which case tune back to previous percentages).

I'm getting some amazing zoa growth on my 60 with this light. Most of the zoas are on the bottom of the tank. I'm using 1 fixture now. I had 2 but it was too much. I'll measure and see how far I have them above.

That's an awesome photo! Can you post a pic of your hanging setup? And btw nice tank!

Thanks man! Bought a couple hanging hooks from Home Depot and some wall anchors.

The light comes with the actual hanging kit so all you need is something to hang it from. :)

t6o5mpG.jpg

Thanks man! Bought a couple hanging hooks from Home Depot and some wall anchors.

The light comes with the actual hanging kit so all you need is something to hang it from. :)

t6o5mpG.jpg

Ok cool! Thank you :D

I'm considering ordering one of these to hang over a ADA 60F, which is just shy of 10g. Anybody have one over a tank of a similar size and if so what's your opinion on it?

Thanks!

t6o5mpG.jpg

Very Nice, I did the same thing with my 247. may I suggest a stop to home depot for a cable cover for the power cord? I grabbed one the other day and it really compeltes the look

• 4 months later...

any updates on the growht with the lights?

All mine are pop'n new heads. LPS and Zoas. Nems are still looking good. No SPS.

Spiderguardnano

goood i hate sps

All mine are pop'n new heads. LPS and Zoas. Nems are still looking good. No SPS.

any pics jack?

HarryPotter

Is the S026 the same but w/o timer system? Seems to be the same optics and LEDs.

(I have the S026, and used it happily with Anemones, LPS, softies)

Archived