Innovative Marine Aquariums

auto dosing supplements?

ps2cho

Peristaltic pumps are the way to go for dosing supps. Aqualifters aren't precise enough to dose anything into your tank. Some supplements settle too so you can't completely remove the human element since you will periodically have to shake them.

Personally I'd love to have a mini fridge and refrigerated line next to my tank that could dose phytoplankton multiple times a day!

I just ordered two brs pumps to connect to my apex. After a bunch of research that system will fit my needs. If you want more then there are nice units like bubble Magnus etc. I'm going to do 2-part and set the set the apex to dose the tank 2x a day with 30min between the two parts.

Jebao dosing pump FTW. it's 100$ and amazing. 4 channels. I use CA/Alk/Mag and a free 4th channel.

I am not sure I feel comfortable with this on my ca/alk/mg quite yet, but I definitely would for dosing the rest of my stuff. Maybe its a great choice and I can automate it all this way!

Sure, there's a few reviews out of reputable reefers that tested the product for a week and it's accuracy is very good. All up to you of course.

Can you go into more detail about Jebao dosing pumps? I was tempted to purchase this unit but lock of real reviews put me off a bit....

I'm with you here. I like my Jabeo WP/RW pumps, but not ready to trust them with something that could crash my tank in the event of a failure.

Sure, there's a few reviews out of reputable reefers that tested the product for a week and it's accuracy is very good. All up to you of course.

i don't know that a week of testing makes me feel any better. :)

Archived