Cultivated Reef

clownfish help needed

jamescon85

Hi all,

I added a pair of clowns maybe 6 weeks ago, they get along fine and no aggression. However i notice during the day they look like they are covered in biits of white stuff, this has been the case or maybe a few weeks. No other fish has them. I spoke to my lfs and they recommended some meds, however they have no symptons of been ill (other than the white) they still very active, and eat fine. Water params are fine too. I just checked them with the light off (shone a light on them) and no signs of white, but im sure during the day they will have it. I am a bit reluctant to use the meds when they seem to be acting fine, shall i just go for it?

I can't really tell from those pictures. Have you been feeding them food dipped in garlic? If it is ich that will at least boost their appetite and immune system.

Deleted User 8

Whatever it is all the fish need to be in a QT tank. You must assume they all have it. If it is ich, it is in the tank and will take a few weeks to die off without a fish host. You will be treating the fish in the QT for that time, so by the time QT is over, the DT should be ich free.

Unless the tank is and will always be fish only, then you could medicate the DT I suppose. What meds did you get?

Better pics would help ID the problem though. Even a short video.

Buzz

Archived