SaltCritters.com

Pulsing Sinularia

charnelhouse

• 2 weeks later...
charnelhouse

Just for informational purposes, this frag hibernated and shed 2 times in quick succession for a total of almost two weeks of looking angry but is now looking happy as a clam with good polyp extension. I moved it into better flow and it seems much happier.

CoolNameGoesHere

it's pulsing sinularia. i got some back in 2008 that was the size of my thumb. today, it's split into 2 large pieces, each has probably 12" x 12" spread. mine is more of a light pinkish color than yours, but otherwise it looks exactly the same and does the same "pulsing" thing.

very easy to keep. i rarely if ever direct feed it. it's survived multiple moves, trimmings, extreme neglect. it just keeps on growing. it shed a lot after the tank moves and after getting the neglect back under control. it's stung/killed some parts of sps it ran into but otherwise it's been a good resident.

i've had it at the bottom of the tank under mh and then led's, to the middle of the tank and now, at the very top of my tank 8" under kessil 360.

it's hard to convince people to take frags of it. they think, "oh, another leather. meh, boring", but if they could see it in action i think they'd appreciate it more. i'm sure it's common, but i've never seen it in any lfs or in any other local reefer tanks here in so. cal. (aside from the guy i got my piece from), probably b/c of the "leather = boring, unsexy" mentality.

but it's one of my favorite pieces. my clowns host in it. it gives nice movement to the tank. it's a good color. it's hardy. it's very low maintenance. what more could anyone want? :P

you have a great piece. your daughter has a good eye! good luck with it (though you won't need any) and enjoy!

That's great info CNGH (tldt), thanks for chiming in.

Update also - my daughter gave it a name, Snuggleupagus (looks like Snuffleupagus) and it's doing great in it's new spot. After the last shed it has been full PE and happy as can be.

Oh, and your Go Bruins, is that UCLA or Boston? UCLA is my guess.

CoolNameGoesHere

That's a great name for it, very appropriate!! :)

Yea, it's for ucla. I don't follow hockey, but I'm an LA homer so of course I pull for the kings, just because LA. Haha, the worst kind of "fan".

• 3 weeks later...

P.S

I am not sure if the one I brought home is or isn't pulsing kind. Gonna have to do some research. All I know that it's Australian origin and it is neon green.

rdWuAs4.jpg

Archived