inTank Media Baskets

bluefish/kessil setup ?

Chad W

Hi,

Just got my controller and kessil aquasun package set up.

Super cool system.

I have a 75gal discus tank. I am running a santarem Brazil simulated location. If I run a simulated location does the controller ramp up and down for sunrise/sunset? Should I set intensity to max on kessil?

What is a good moonlight to use with controller with my 75gal setup?

Thanks for any help

Chad

SpencerShepard

Hi Chad,

I am by far not an expert on planted tanks, so I can't help much with the intensity question, and I think I answered your other questions by email.

For a moonlight, I would recommend a blue Stunner strip with our Power Dimmer. This would give you a decent amount of available intensity you could use it to augment your lighting color during the day and evening as well as dimming to low level for moonlight. However if you don't have a canopy it can be tricky to mount.

Thanks Spencer,

No canopy, I think when I purchase the 105gal I will build some kind of band that will go around the top of the tank. Then it still looks like a open top design but I can hide things like my plumbing that goes over the top rim and probably incorporate a mount for a moonlight. Until then it may look a bit ghetto.

Just sent a email then I realized you answered me here. I'm interested in a moonlight kit as well. Or a pwm module to control a moonlight

Thanks, chad

Archived