Innovative Marine Aquariums

Clownfish and Corals?

cmb2104

I have an 8 gal nuvo (stock setup and stock lighting) getting started... i had originally wanted to do a clown and anemone but after some research decided against the nem....

so now my question is what corals could a clown host? also looking for something fairly easy to deal with as i have never actually had corals before... so far im liking the frogspawn but id like more than one....

at the lfs... they pretty much said everything is great LOL

thanks!

Clowns host a variety of corals/things in the aquarium. Right now mine host the return nozzle from my canister filter but I've seen them hosting xenia, zoa, frog/torch/hammer, duncans, even clams. I have a frogspawn, hammer, and duncan and my clowns still like the return nozzle (one of them lays on it while it sleeps).

Deleted User 8

Depends on the clown. Some will host most anything, Elegance, frogspawn, torches, power heads, clams, mushrooms, etc.
Some won't host anything. A host really is not required for a clown.

8 gal is a bit on the small size though...

Buzz

Depends on the clown. Some will host most anything, Elegance, frogspawn, torches, power heads, clams, mushrooms, etc.

Some won't host anything. A host really is not required for a clown.

8 gal is a bit on the small size though...

Buzz

its a snowflake and it has no host now but i think it would be interesting to watch! and hes going to be the only fish...

Deleted User 8

Well, you can go crazy trying to get it to host what you want. I say fill you tank with things that interest you and let the fish figure it out. It might not ever host something and might host something you don't want it too.

I'm still thinking 8g is too small though.

Buzz

Well, you can go crazy trying to get it to host what you want. I say fill you tank with things that interest you and let the fish figure it out. It might not ever host something and might host something you don't want it too.

I'm still thinking 8g is too small though.

Buzz

thats what i was thinking... give him a few options and see if he will host..

My vote is for duncans, mainly because that's waht my clowns both use as their host.

I opted for the duncan because it more closely resembles an anemone and stays put and won't move around the tank.

Why did you decide against the nem. My RBTA and it's brother (split) are my two favorite things in my tank...go for it you won't be sorry! And grab a few Sexy Shrimp to go with it. My clowns never touch them, they are dain bramaged! But I love watching the sexies in the nems.

Mine may be the exception, but they have stayed up front and high in the tank since day one.

My vote is for duncans, mainly because that's waht my clowns both use as their host.

I opted for the duncan because it more closely resembles an anemone and stays put and won't move around the tank.

I wish my clowns used my duncan as a host. :huh:

My clowns are so goofy they live in the back right corner of the tank under the intake and will not host anything! I've gotten them any and every type of coral they are known to host...DUH!

Archived