Cultivated Reef

Sexy shrimp and zoa

andyl18

I have a trio of sexy shrimp in my tank, and one is significantly larger than the other two. This past week, I got my first zoa, well aware that sexy shrimp were known for going after zoas IF THEY WERE HUNGRY. The problem with this is, I target feed the shrimp with mysis EVERY DAY. I don't understand how they can be this hungry when some people only feed them once a week! Now, I've only noticed the biggest sexy on the zoa, and whenever I scare him off of it, all but one or two polyps open back up in a few minutes. I have yet to notice any marks on the zoas, so is it possible that the shrimp is going after something growing on the rock itself? I'm just really confused as to how the shrimp can be so hungry after 24 hours.....

Just picked up my trio. one of my two females went after my acro for about 24 hours. then stopped. I hand fed them a silverside today. hopefully that'll keep them busy

Mine stay on the nems, they wait there politely for feeding time. They have never gone down into the nether regions...so my zoas never get bothered. I'm gonna replace the 2 smallest that disappeared soon love these guys.

Archived