SaltCritters.com

Xenia Question

skyzpop

I purchased a Xenia frag a few weeks ago and when I first put it in my tank it was standing tall and acting normal. I noticed a few days ago it is not standing up as tall (main trunk is shorter, like it is squatting) but other than that it seems to be acting normal. Anyone have an idea what could be causing this? Water parameters are in line to what they have always been for the past 5 months and my other corals are doing well. It looks to me as if it might be trying to get away from light but I am currently running the stock Nuvo16 lights so I don't believe it is getting too much light at all. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Happy Holidays!

As long as it is opening up normally, you should be fine. the ones I have closer to the light tend to do this. They don't have high light requirements so that could be it.

I had silver pulsing Xenia and it did the same and finally just wasted away. So disappointing after what I read about it being invasive and taking over your tank...ha! It also was in low light low movement area, didn't help...the only thing I could come up with after research is that my tank was toooo clean for Xenia.

I had silver pulsing Xenia and it did the same and finally just wasted away. So disappointing after what I read about it being invasive and taking over your tank...ha! It also was in low light low movement area, didn't help...the only thing I could come up with after research is that my tank was toooo clean for Xenia.

Interesting...I do 5 gallon a week water changes on my tank, so that might be the issue with mine. I might see how my tank responds to every other week changes and see how this affects my coral.

As long as it is opening up normally, you should be fine. the ones I have closer to the light tend to do this. They don't have high light requirements so that could be it.

Love your tank! I just picked up a WP10 and I find that it creates too much flow on even the lowest settings. How are you liking your MP10? What settings do you use on your tank?

I havent owned any but from what i have heard; about 80% of people have it take over the whole tank, and 20% of people have it melt away. I have no clue why but it is just something I have read along the way while researching different topics

Interesting...I do 5 gallon a week water changes on my tank, so that might be the issue with mine. I might see how my tank responds to every other week changes and see how this affects my coral.

Love your tank! I just picked up a WP10 and I find that it creates too much flow on even the lowest settings. How are you liking your MP10? What settings do you use on your tank?

Thanks. I actually upgraded recently, but I used to run my mp10 on nutrient transport mode, which is short pulse for like 30 minutes followed by constant for 10 minutes or something like that. I ran it on the 3rd led, about 25%.

Mine has become very invasive, but I love the way it looks! I trim it weekly to keep it in check. Mine is in pretty high light and high flow. I have noticed that any slight changes in water, light, or flow really piss it off though. It does exactly what your saying, opens but stays short. It could be it adjusting to your system, I would recommend lots of indirect and random flow. Mine did not take off until I put a wave maker on my tank about a year ago.

Archived