ReefCleaners.org

is my anemone looking good or its dying?

xtravaganza

i have picked up an anemone from fish shop last week, put it into my tank and it have moved around a little, i have re-positioned my rocks so i can see it better, since i putted it in i didn't see the anemone fully open and not sure if its still in good shape, anyone can help me out here? and also anyone can tell me what specie is this anemone? thanks a million

post-86291-0-90578000-1418966200_thumb.jpg

Green bubble tip nem. It's ok for now just stop moving the rock and let it settle in. Watch for a gaping mouth, that is usually the first indicator it's taking a turn for the worse.

Just leave it alone. Anemone will move to it location and open up for you.
+1 leave it alone. Don't touch it and quit moving the rock it will go where it wants to.

Plus if it shrivels up and brown goo comes out it's still fine. If the mouth opens and you see white come out thats when you have a problem.

i have feed my anemone first time yesterday, and this morning i saw my 2 clowns are hosted in the anemone since i got it 2 weeks ago. now my questions is will clown do any damage to the anemone while its trying to recover?

it will find a location it likes. hopefully it will be one you like as well. good luck.

the anemone is sitting at one spot without moving for a week now, its facing the back of the tank but luckily it didn't go hiding behind the rocks that i cant see it completely.

+1 leave it alone. Don't touch it and quit moving the rock it will go where it wants to.

Plus if it shrivels up and brown goo comes out it's still fine. If the mouth opens and you see white come out thats when you have a problem.

the position the anemone sitting at the moment makes it impossible for me to see its mouth, i can only judge its health by looking at its tentacles and color of its body, and right now there is a pair of clown hosting in this new anemone, so i dont know if they are going to do much damage to it while its trying to recover.

sounds like it should be fine. bta's and rbta's are pretty hardy. in the beginning one would disappear for a couple days but pop up somewhere. i have 3 of them in 2 separated tanks for over 2 years. i just wish my clowns would go into them. they like my gsp and hammer more.

• 2 weeks later...

my anemone is doing fine now, but i find my clowns are stealing food from anemone every time i feed them...... any suggestion will make the clowns dont disturb anemone on feeding?

Archived