Top Shelf Aquatics

Biggest Purchase for my tank so far! Beast light

Gooburz

Well after weeks and weeks of debating on what to upgrade my 40 breeder lighting to I decided to go with the new Kessil a360we (just 1 for my 40 breeder). Since I set up the tank I've been only running 2 Full spectrum PAR38's from LEDtric and they were awesome on my 20L but its time for an upgrade!

I can't help but LOVE the way the Kessil's look and I wasn't looking to spend as much as I did for one but I just don't see better out there. And of course being the impatient SOB that I am naturally I had to do the "Get it Sat" option on Amazon hahaha. Anyways a couple pics of my tank from a few months ago. let me know what you guys think about the light upgrade and the tank too! The Birdsnest is gone now and rock work totally redone as well.

http://s1061.photobucket.com/user/Gooburz/media/10430423_10152858029251224_6707068395402250506_n.jpg.html'>10430423_10152858029251224_6707068395402

http://s1061.photobucket.com/user/Gooburz/media/20141017_2104591.jpeg.html'>20141017_2104591.jpeg

Will one kessil be enough for a 48" tank? Ordered my dad one tonight for a 24" tank and that seemed pushing it spread wise.

a 40B is 36" not 48" and yea one is pushing it on the 36" but if he likes it more power too him. tank looks good man!

Tank looks good, I'm loving the rock work. I'd rate the Kessil at a 24x24 spread. You'd get light coverage out to 36" but I don't think you'd be able to grow much. One will light the tank, but two would be optimal for wall to wall growth (if thats what you want).

Why would I need 2 when it says it covers a 40 Breeder just fine? Multiple reviews have people with 2 on a 5 foot tank.....

Because corals are 3D objects, they cast shadows. The Kessils are for all intents and purposes single point source light. Where there is shadow, photosynthesis cant take place.

With one point source light, you are only lighting half the coral, the other half is in darkness.

One Kessil will easily cover a 40B tank, if its empty. Are you going to have an empty tank?

This is notwithstanding corals casting shadow on other coral, in that case even more than half of your coral is in darkness.

I have 2 Kessil 350W on one of my 40b. It is not enough coverage. I should have 3 at least, 4 better still.

If I had your equipment, I would put the 360 in the middle. The two PAR38s at either end angled toward the center. Until I could afford 2 more Kessils.

And who is "it" as in "it says".

Kessil has an electronic chandelier machine for their dope growing customers. It holds 6 Kessils, and slowly rotates on axis so that the sweet leaf gets light on all sides of the plants.

I would have to read for myself something from Kessil, stating that only one light is needed for a 40B. I doubt that exists.

Kessil S360 Spinner Sneak Peek:

And who is "it" as in "it says".

Kessil has an electronic chandelier machine for their dope growing customers. It holds 6 Kessils, and slowly rotates on axis so that the sweet leaf gets light on all sides of the plants.

I would have to read for myself something from Kessil, stating that only one light is needed for a 40B. I doubt that exists.

Kessil S360 Spinner Sneak Peek:

That is insane! I do thank you for the info, I was reading reviews from people who obviously needed more than what they had on their tanks. I decided to go with a Coral Compulsion (CC-120P) and I'm going to run that with my 2 current PAR38's. Thanks to Jimmy from Coral Compulsion I'll get my CC-120p before Christmas. I figured might as well keep the 2 PAR38's and make good use of them and the CC-120P has had very good reviews. The 3 of them should be more than enough for anything I want to stock in the tank in the future.

If i were to get a PAR38, I would get this one

http://coralcompulsion.com/led/35w-18k-trucolor-par38

Ben designed it.

NM, you're getting this

http://coralcompulsion.com/cc-120p

I should have guessed from the "120", derp.

Yes I was looking at that bulb but I decided to go with the cc-120 because of the built in programming and the reviews with it as well.

So many good lighting options out there so very hard to make a choice on them lol. But i'm happy I went with Coral Compulsion, again Jimmy is awesome on how fast he got back to me and answered any question. You don't see that too much now a days, people having amazing fast customer service that is.

Goob, I think Fark provided you with the means to obtain more Kessil pendants...

Use the one you have to grow um.. "frags" which can then be sold as "reefer". You should have enough in no time!

:lol:

Archived